Queen Anne Spa Question

LEESRE

For those who are on the Queen Anne cruise at the moment. Could you please look in the Ladies or Gents changing rooms and see if they have done away with the Free Sauna, which is on both the Queen Victoria and Elizabeth. Or do you now have to pay to go to the Spa.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, wouldn’t ever set foot in the spa, if you paid me. I think @3rdGenCunarder used it.

No, I didn't use the spa on QA. I looked at it on the first day and decided it wasn't for me. I love the thermal suites on QA and QV, but not QA. The thermal pool is too small, the room is too small, there is too little seating, and there is no natural light. After I saw that, I didn't bother to look at anything else. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I think my feelings on the thermal suite on QA are almost on a par with @exlondoner's feelings on the Grills Lounge. 😜 

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2024 at 12:30 PM, LEESRE said:

For those who are on the Queen Anne cruise at the moment. Could you please look in the Ladies or Gents changing rooms and see if they have done away with the Free Sauna, which is on both the Queen Victoria and Elizabeth. Or do you now have to pay to go to the Spa.

Thank you.

Sorty I never went to the spa.It’s not an upsell area that interests me in any way. I don’t even know where it was. 

21 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

No, I didn't use the spa on QA. I looked at it on the first day and decided it wasn't for me. I love the thermal suites on QA and QV, but not QA. The thermal pool is too small, the room is too small, there is too little seating, and there is no natural light. After I saw that, I didn't bother to look at anything else. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I think my feelings on the thermal suite on QA are almost on a par with @exlondoner's feelings on the Grills Lounge. 😜 

There is natural light in the relaxation lounge, but that's it I think apart from public areas like the gym.

1 hour ago, Wagtail adventures said:

There is natural light in the relaxation lounge, but that's it I think apart from public areas like the gym.

But the relaxation lounge isn't for people who just got out of the pool. On the Vistas, the pool area has conventional loungers and the ceramic loungers are in a separate quiet room with floor to ceiling windows. I was surprised to see how small the thermal pool area was on QA, given that she carries more passengers than QW or QV. 

On 9/14/2024 at 4:59 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

But the relaxation lounge isn't for people who just got out of the pool. On the Vistas, the pool area has conventional loungers and the ceramic loungers are in a separate quiet room with floor to ceiling windows. I was surprised to see how small the thermal pool area was on QA, given that she carries more passengers than QW or QV. 

The number of passengers the ship carries is irrelevant, when the Spa itself is capacity limited.

Unfortunately none of the ships have managed to get the SPA offering right, as you say QA does not have as much lounge area as the Vista's, but the sauna / steam room offering on QA  is better. 

On 9/13/2024 at 9:40 PM, OneForTheQueens said:

Only a mixed steam room accessible from both the Ladies and Gents changing rooms. Everything else (except gym equipment outside of class times) is chargeable on QA.

Gym equipments is free at all times, just may not be available during classes

2 hours ago, Poole Boy said:

The number of passengers the ship carries is irrelevant, when the Spa itself is capacity limited.

Unfortunately none of the ships have managed to get the SPA offering right, as you say QA does not have as much lounge area as the Vista's, but the sauna / steam room offering on QA  is better. 

I think the passenger load is relevant, because a small area can mean it reaches capacity while other people want to use it. (Look at the Queens Room on QA, too small for the passenger load) When I asked about the limited seating in the thermal suite, I was told that's why they limited people to two hours. I accepted having to book a time slot for covid limitations, but it was nice this summer on QE, when all I had to do check in when I was ready to go there.

Perhaps they looked at thermal suite use on other ships and decided the demand wasn't high enough to making it large. Or they decided it was better financially to stick the spa down in the bowels of the ship and sell cabins in the prime spot it has on the HAL Pinnacles--Thermal suite on those ships is very large and on a high deck.