Dublin Hotels 6/18 sold out

I was able to book the Cassidy Hotel online. They had a 3 days minimum for that week only but on chat they let

me reserve.

The hotels that showed 6/18/25 dates many were either sold out or 3 day minimum. If something is happening big in a city they usually open those dates ahead. i have a lot of Marriott and Hilton points and Marriott stated only hotel available was not near city center. They didn’t know why. 

It is too far in advance to find a wide choice of hotels for June 2025.  The only major event scheduled for the weekend of June 20th is a Rugby match between the British & Irish Lions against Argentina.

Using a hotel search site there are numerous hotels showing availability with a price of 999 or 1000 euro per night, which, to me, implies that they have not yet set the rates for that period.

3 hours ago, tulok said:

If something is happening big in a city they usually open those dates ahead. i have a lot of Marriott and Hilton points and Marriott stated only hotel available was not near city center. They didn’t know why. 

As has been said-- you have jumped the gun from a booking window perspective. No actual inventory is on the market this early for June 2025. Even the hotel you booked they had to do it manually and you most likely didn't get an actual rate-- just a placeholder they made up that might not be as good as if you book within a calendar year. 

I too am a big Marriott person and if you have points to burn its hard to beat the value using them at The Shelbourne on St Stephens Green. But if you go to the Marriott website right now you cant book anything, at any of their properties anywhere, for June 2025. Currently just up to April 2025. Check back in a few months and you'll have a plethora of options. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe. it’s refundable until the day before. I will keep watching Marriott as that is my preferred business hotel. 

What was different was when I was checking CPH Marriotts for locations, they did state as expected, rate not available. Dublin had most sold out and a few with prices. It surprised me as we have been left high and dry because of an event where people booked months in advance. At least either case, nothing is lost. 

2 minutes ago, tulok said:

Dublin had most sold out and a few with prices.

Again, not sold out. Just no rates loaded into the system this early. Huge difference. 

2 minutes ago, tulok said:

It surprised me as we have been left high and dry because of an event where people booked months in advance.

It would take an event on the scale of the Olympics or World Cup to sell out Dublin over a year out like what you are describing, which isn't the case. 

wasn’t looking at all of Dublin but around the port area and Marriotts. All I asked was if there was something going on there. It’s been resolved.