Izumi Allergy

Has anyone ever eaten at Izumi (non-hibachi) with a shellfish allergy and mind sharing the experience? I have a member of our group who has a severe allergy and wants to eat at the restaurant.

I have a couple of celiac kids, at hibachis on land their food gets prepared in the back, I’d assume it would be prepared in the allergy kitchen on a cruise ship.

1 hour ago, SailorMan98 said:

Has anyone ever eaten at Izumi (non-hibachi) with a shellfish allergy and mind sharing the experience? I have a member of our group who has a severe allergy and wants to eat at the restaurant.

We eat there 2-3 times a cruise (quite frankly, it is the only true specialty restaurant on board), and with the new menu there is very little of that is what I would call "traditional" sushi available - most items are tempura'd and fried. Which ship you are on would help with the question of where the food is prepped.

I am allergic to seafood.  We had a birthday dinner and the birthday boy insisted on Izumi.  I explained to the waiter that I was very allergic to shellfish.  They were very careful with my food, telling me what I could and could not order, how they brought the food out, how it was arranged on the table, and made sure no knives, forks or spoons touched mine.  I get swollen lips from the seafood in the air but they were very cautious about the plate location.  My dinner was incredible!  I did not get sick and I had a wonderful time.  I went in expecting to have to leave quickly but instead I had a fantastic birthday celebration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SailorMan98 said:

I don't think I have a shell fish allergy, maybe I now do- but got sick after dining at the Hibachi- Too much potential in Izumi and the Hibachi with cross contamination- carry an epipen also!  That is one reason  why I also hate buffets.  People don't always practice good hygiene and eat food with their fingers on the buffet line then use the utensil to get more food.    Yuk

I have both of fish and seafood allergy. I have dined at Izumi many times. I let them know of the allergy when I book and When we are seated and I've always had my food prepared in the back and brought out. Never had a problem.

• Like 1