Booking Specialty Dining Reservations with another Cabin

My husband and I are sailing this September and our daughter is going along with us in her own cabin.  We have specialty dining vouchers.  Is there a way to link our Specialty dining reservations together?  We want to dine together but I didn't see where there was an option where we could link the reservations.

Any suggestions?

Kristy

Unfortunately I have never found a good way to do this. I just make sure that when dining with another reservation they go in and book their reservation for the same time and date, then as soon as I get on board the ship I let the restaurant know that the two or three reservations/ stateroom numbers are dining together. Usually all they want is stateroom numbers. We have never had a problem doing that, even if someone in the group could not get the same dining time. 

• Like 1

I think you can book your reservations online for the same date and time in advance.  Once you’re onboard, you should be able to call or go to the reservation podium to get them linked so you can sit together.

1 minute ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I think you can book your reservations online for the same date and time in advance.  Once you’re onboard, you should be able to call or go to the reservation podium to get them linked so you can sit together.

Thanks.  I figured that would be the answer.   I will go ahead and do that.

3 minutes ago, krittykat said:

My husband and I are sailing this September and our daughter is going along with us in her own cabin.  We have specialty dining vouchers.  Is there a way to link our Specialty dining reservations together?  We want to dine together but I didn't see where there was an option where we could link the reservations.

Any suggestions?

Kristy

Or Make the reservation for 3, redeem two credits (assuming they are HIA credits) from your account, and then have podium staff add her voucher once you are onboard. I’ve only made rezzies for two with a credit redemption for each of us, so not sure 2 redemptions on a three party rezzie will work but it should. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bjlaacjlc said:

The plan also includes "crew appreciation" which I understand is prepaid gratuities but then in the footnotes on the web site it state wine stewards, bar tenders, specialty dining and waiters are not included.  When I called HAL they said main dining room waiters were included, does anyone know who's in and who's out in these prepaid gratuities.

I'm just going to speak to this question. Wine Stewards and bartenders are covered by the drinks package, so no worries there.

EXCEPT, if you order a bottle of wine, or drink not covered by your drink package. You will pay gratuities on that.

Thanks all for the assist.  Just got done speaking with Holland and our reservations are now linked.  So dining and shore excursions (didn't think about that one) are now together. The kid  (32 years old) would not have been happy to be separated on excursion as she has made it her personal mission to monitor her parent's (us) safety.  

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2024 at 4:39 PM, krittykat said:

Any suggestions?

Kristy

Do it quite often. 

Do two things.

1. Make sure your booking # are linked. (My travel agent does this for me)

2. Rather than booking online I call. I have been able to get reservations for 6-8 of us. This makes it easier for the them schedule a larger table.

25 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

Do it quite often. 

Do two things.

1. Make sure your booking # are linked. (My travel agent does this for me)

2. Rather than booking online I call. I have been able to get reservations for 6-8 of us. This makes it easier for the them schedule a larger table.

Thanks.  I got our reservations linked.  And now both our dining reservations and shore excursions are together.  Our daughter would not have been happy to have been split up for the shore excursions (anxiety issues)