*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Nothing looks inspiring to me. 

"snipped"  <<  Joy's Main Dining Room Menu  >>

Seriously ... thanks for posting the butchered, simplified & new for 2024 "to sail and sustain" menu.  Can't wait  to see what the new MDR lunch menu (not really) is like.  This is sort of like returning to the old NCL premier "cooking & eating light menu" of 20 years ago ... and folks really don't have to worry about gaining 10 lbs from a weeklong cruise anymore.   

From the FSD, at least the hungry ones has until 9:30 PM nightly to raid the buffet for something else to grab & eat (free).  If you have time during the week - first, enjoy yourself & have a great time - can you take a look at the Room Service Menu & see if NCL made any changes recently ... in addition to "The Local" being the only option from 9:30 PM until 5 AM.  On a positive spin, much more seating capacity vis-a-vis the Prima's set-up.  

How is your Inside cabin ... do pose pictures as you wish, there are lots of frugal cruisers out there 😁 

P.S.  just noticed that you managed to upload a 30MB video over Starlink, that's pretty impressive - considering it was "mission impossible" onboard the Prima last month as I failed despite using all the Station Zebra tricks ... over basic/unlimited WiFi or ??  I know when I benchmarked the Joy in 2022, it was reasonably fast while still on EMC, not Starlink then.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AlexandNessa said:

You picked a good one to miss! #ABBAsux! (At least i think that is ABBA).

Thanks for your blog 😊. Can't wait till August! 

Glad you’re enjoying it.  Frankly, there’s not been much to be a “critic” about.  Maybe nitpick here and there, but that’s the extent of it. Granted, in the Haven but I’ve probably spent more time out and about in other parts of the ship.  So far, so good!  

Have LOTS of input from the Gorgeous Girls, @debenson0723 and @Sugar Magnolia.  They are the real stars of this show!!!!  Of course, they are probably still “napping”!

And, you’re right…you could have spotted me an A and a B..still wouldn’t have guessed ABBA!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Behind the Scenes tour this a.m.

😳 completely forgot about the BTS tour this morning. Been at the thermal suite since 8:00. Had the whole place to myself for half an hour. Then people started coming in…the nerve!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I am having all sorts of internet issues since yesterday. Been unable to access Cruise Critic site this morning until now. If I become MIA please do not be alarmed. I will be at the Internet Café wildly waving my arms and demanding a free cruise for my troubles. 

I tried to run a speed test but received this error message just now. 

IMG_5940.thumb.png.bb1d8db023be6e000b08c72f1b4fe0f6.png

P.S. I did not have any internet issues on the Prima TA in April. I think I might have posted some videos, but could be confusing with the Escape. 

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They had a BTS tour today? I would have missed it, just like yesterday, but still would have liked the option.

Thermal spa is gorgeous and I really debated getting a pass. Looks like a fabulous place to sleep.

I am a dud when it comes to being a @Sugar Magnoliaposse member. I had good intentions but fell asleep, fully dressed, TV blaring, lights on. Woke up at 1am, ate 3 bites of cheesecake and back to sleep for 8 hours. I am starting to think NCL is pumping sleeping gas into my cabin. I better go yell at the Captain about it.

Found a $20 bill just inside my door...not sure if @graphicguyslipped it under there to lure me out or it fell out of my pocket last night. Another Triangle mystery.

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Behind the Scenes tour this a.m.

Mind sharing how did you book this? It doesnt show up on list of excursion on NCL app. Can it only be booked once onboard?

Also how much is the ticket?

7 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Mind sharing how did you book this? It doesnt show up on list of excursion on NCL app. Can it only be booked once onboard?

I’m  Sapphire Latitudes member.  So, it’s free for me (not sure about the level of Latitudes you need to be for the “perk”).

They do offer a “fee based” tour, which is more extensive and includes a tour of the Bridge.  If it doesn’t show up, it’s probably sold out! 

IMG_3696.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

You book the BTS tour through the CruiseNext Desk.  For some there is a charge but it is also a Higher Level Latitude Status perk.  It is very interesting to see but it requires a lot of walking and you must wear closed toed shoes, no flip flops or sandals.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I am having all sorts of internet issues since yesterday. Been unable to access Cruise Critic site this morning until now. If I become MIA please do not be alarmed. I will be at the Internet Café wildly waving my arms and demanding a free cruise for my troubles. 

I tried to run a speed test but received this error message just now. 

IMG_5940.thumb.png.bb1d8db023be6e000b08c72f1b4fe0f6.png

P.S. I did not have any internet issues on the Prima TA in April. I think I might have posted some videos, but could be confusing with the Escape. 

No WiFi issues on the Prima last Feb, nor any on this cruise.  A nice departure from what I’m used to on most all cruise ships.

• Like 1

Nitpicking about the thermal suite…

The dissonant space age music is too loud...it is the opposite of relaxation. But perhaps better than random yellers from outside the wall.  

As the thermal suite sits under Spice H2O, there is occasional screeching of tables and chairs and thumping of heavy footsteps from above, maybe more than occasional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful day in Bermuda, wondering if someone should warn @bluesea777 that you are in route

image.png.280bfad42cb0dbda9a10bc4661436f03.png

Looks like your wingman is still there

image.png.c23d62785bbecc65deb6bdef321dc343.png

Windy still has you making it in thru the obstacle course

image.thumb.png.9a408607e9bef260caa4d4a1192209c5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m  Sapphire Latitudes member.  So, it’s free for me (not sure about the level of Latitudes you need to be for the “perk”).

They do offer a “fee based” tour, which is more extensive and includes a tour of the Bridge.  If it doesn’t show up, it’s probably sold out! 

IMG_3696.jpeg

There we have it in writing folks. @graphicguyis a VIP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Beautiful day in Bermuda, wondering if someone should warn @bluesea777 that you are in route

image.png.280bfad42cb0dbda9a10bc4661436f03.png

Looks like your wingman is still there

image.png.c23d62785bbecc65deb6bdef321dc343.png

Windy still has you making it in thru the obstacle course

image.thumb.png.9a408607e9bef260caa4d4a1192209c5.png

I can see our wingman from where I am sitting on the Waterfront right now.

• Like 3

Some facts, observations and pics on the Behind the Scenes Tour.  If you do enough of them, there is a lot of overlap from one ship to the next.  I’ve done a few.  Still, I learn something new each time.

Crew galley, which was being sanitized at the time.

There are SEVERAL galleys on each ship.  This one, obviously for the crew.  It features more and varied international cuisines given the vast differences in crew locales and backgrounds.

IMG_3677.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Alcohol control room  distributing and inventorying alcoholic drinks to all the bars.  Much bigger than this picture shows with cases and cases stored behind this pic!

They offered us mimosas!

IMG_3678.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 9

Galley for Taste, Savor and Manhattan Room.

Each Specialty Dining Room has its own galley, as does The Local and separately the Haven!

The Observation Lounge has their own “snack” galley.  Horizon Lounge snacks come from the Haven Restaurant!

IMG_3679.jpeg

• Like 6

Just an aside about some things that seemed to be confusing some CCs.

-there are NO leftovers carried over from any restaurants to any restaurants…EVER.  Any food prepared and not consumed is either incinerated or processed into fish food.  

-Breads and pastries are made fresh daily

-produce is loaded fresh from either the NY providers and from providers at ports…usually both

-proteins, eggs and dairy are loaded at LEAST once per week.  

-Longer international sailings have more frozen proteins than shorter cruises..

- Produce on longer sailings are stored to retain their freshness in a “proprietary way” (which the Chef de Cuisine would not disclose).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1