*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

10 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

... on cruise to Bermuda with NCL ... a complimentary boat between Dockyard and St. George. 

That's the fast ferry, complimentary for NCL pax only, Spirit of St. George - as picture that you were looking up, max capacity is 500 on the air conditioned double decker, upstairs has nicer chairs & AC wall  outlets for a quick battery recharge.  Yes, it runs whenever a NCL ship is there, subject to maritime weather crossing the channel/waterway as it can get choppy for the 45 minutes ride.  Schedule posted onboard at Guest Services and on the dock landing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I would do this except I am concerned that my phone won’t recognize my new youthful face and shut me out. Or worse, the TSA face scanners won’t work and I am led to a private room to be interrogated why my face looks decades younger than my passport photo. 

Funny you should mention this. In the last couple of months I decided to finally look my age and grow a goatee (which comes in gray, while my full head of hair is frumpy brown). My passport picture is goatee-less. Hoping I don't get stranded in Rome in September because they won't think I'm me.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

What a fun night.  

Thanks to @Sugar Magnolia for joining me at Cagney’s  Great food and service.  SM had a fillet and I had Prime Rib.  Yum!

On to Maltings to meet up with @debenson0723.  Great conversation….until, it became crowded and the proverbial din set in.

Still waiting for the photo of the Three Stoo...er, Three Musket...uh, Three Intrepid CCers.

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Funny you should mention this. In the last couple of months I decided to finally look my age and grow a goatee. My passport picture is goatee-less. Hoping I don't get stranded in Rome in September because they won't think I'm me.

I don’t think you’re you

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Forgot to bring my wallet and ID so I was subjected to that walk of shame to the port agent who checked my name against the passenger manifest. 😔 Shame! Shame! Shame!

Bring your ID kids!

Little breezy, too!

21 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Curious, did the price of unlimited Wifi drop Monday or Today?

When I was on Breakaway last summer, it dropped considerably after a day or two! (like half price)

• Like 1

See….that (and you) is so cool.

@debenson0723…did you get your “mini-car”?

You guys are slackers. I have been all over thus island already. Mini cars were sold out (poor planning on my part) so we went to plan b. Found a fabulous tour driver on the pier and we have been having a great time. Just dropped us off for lunch in St. Georges and we will start heading back around 2:30. Loving it so far (but wishing my 2 partners in crime were here.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, KKB said:

When I was on Breakaway last summer, it dropped considerably after a day or two! (like half price)

Still drops if you can hold off the first day or two.  The issues is to remember to log off after every use to conserve minutes!

• Like 2

For the second day in a row the alarm went off in the thermal suite because someone left the sauna door opened. I asked staff whether this is a daily occurrence and received the deer in the headlights look. 

The alarm lasted 10 minutes yesterday. However, I did not wait around this time because @graphicguy made fun of me when I told him yesterday that I waited. He can be so cruel.

• Haha 6

Still drops if you can hold off the first day or two.  The issues is to remember to log off after every use to conserve minutes!

Dan, if I might, help explain this ... for a typical 7 to 8 nights cruise (up to 11 or 12 days, maybe 13 days) the daily unlimited (non-premium) WiFi cost for NCL ships is, currently - subject to change/increase w/o prior notice - $30 per day.   As part of the selected FAS offering, 150 minutes (x 2 pax, based on double occupancy) are free & included (with a trade-up credit of $100) thus reducing the cost from $30 x 7 = $210 less $100 equal to $110 to convert/change to basic unlimited.

Wait until midnight (00:01) to do the upgrade online yourself, only 6 days are charged at $30 x 6 = $180 less $100 trade-up credit for a total of $80 for the basic unlimited WiFi.  Wait another 24 hours, it becomes a 5 days conversion or $150 less $100 trade-up for just $50 - as long as it is available & offer.  I stand corrected, however, there is a minimum # of days / charges that the billing system considered to be the max reduction and won't go lower (at least true in prior years) i.e. upgrade on Day 3 or 4, it will be at least $50 with the trade-up, and the price won't go lower.  Premium WiFi is $10 higher per day.  

We will be cruising with Cunard and Royal Carribean soon, both have Starbuck and their prices are lower on a per day basis, and Cunard will "sell" a 24 hour plan for a given date if internet access is needed.  NCL has the leadership honor on satellite internet pricing ... as the most expensive plan.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I'm glad I didn't join you on this cruise.

Like they say, "Three's Company, Four's something else".

You could be Mr Roper!  😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Dan, if I might, help explain this ... for a typical 7 to 8 nights cruise (up to 11 or 12 days, maybe 13 days) the daily unlimited (non-premium) WiFi cost for NCL ships is, currently - subject to change/increase w/o prior notice - $30 per day.   As part of the selected FAS offering, 150 minutes (x 2 pax, based on double occupancy) are free & included (with a trade-up credit of $100) thus reducing the cost from $30 x 7 = $210 less $100 equal to $110 to convert/change to basic unlimited.

Wait until midnight (00:01) to do the upgrade online yourself, only 6 days are charged at $30 x 6 = $180 less $100 trade-up credit for a total of $80 for the basic unlimited WiFi.  Wait another 24 hours, it becomes a 5 days conversion or $150 less $100 trade-up for just $50 - as long as it is available & offer.  I stand corrected, however, there is a minimum # of days / charges that the billing system considered to be the max reduction and won't go lower (at least true in prior years) i.e. upgrade on Day 3 or 4, it will be at least $50 with the trade-up, and the price won't go lower.  Premium WiFi is $10 higher per day.  

We will be cruising with Cunard and Royal Carribean soon, both have Starbuck and their prices are lower on a per day basis, and Cunard will "sell" a 24 hour plan for a given date if internet access is needed.  NCL has the leadership honor on satellite internet pricing ... as the most expensive plan.  

Thanks, Henry.

I know I got a discount for using my free minutes first.  IT just said to have at least one minute left on the FAS plan to get the discount in less than a week plan!

Be interested in hearing your take on Royal.  Been a while since I’ve sailed them.  Cunard is one I’ve never looked at.  So, I have no input!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I'm glad I didn't join you on this cruise.

Like they say, "Three's Company, Four's something else".

"Come and knock on our door..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7