*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

23 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

You just needed an excuse to sample those wings for us, you aren't known to go hungry and what about the gelato 😋 

Are you staying onboard B2B ? b/c you know ... any towels animals sighted, not that it's going to turn someone magically into a vacation hero. 

PXL_20231129_205937523.jpg

Whenever Susan see this, she gets ... 

@mking8288 that is kind of cruel for you to post a pic of that very sad notice WAY before it’s time. And no B2B for me. I don’t want to entirely miss out on that heat dome. 

There is a distinct lack of gelato on this trip I am afraid. Perhaps things might pick up again later in the year. 

And I really was hungry because I did not eat much at La Cucina. I just don’t like their food. The menu has also shrunk. I did enjoy the panna cotta. 

IMG_6050.thumb.jpeg.eca7aa3924266a4ec14b72794941bd92.jpeg

IMG_6051.thumb.jpeg.87f9a549d6dd36ec5e5e81d969e763d9.jpeg

IMG_6052.thumb.jpeg.1c64d7e4551a622b75aafc139d5bfcfa.jpeg

IMG_6053.thumb.jpeg.61f43ac60dac10d4cf842d0f8946e3ec.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

The highlight of the day, other than our visit to the police station, was celebrating @graphicguy’s birthday at dinner tonight. I am glad that @debenson0723 and I were able to share this special occasion with the guy with the sexiest knees on board. How did we get this lucky?

IMG_6026.thumb.jpeg.eb7188f95738ecf8c8cc55f5fe23e966.jpeg

Thanks for the gift.  Are you trying to tell me something?  LOL!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

And you make fun of me for bringing too many! 😉

My bad!  

Crisis averted.  But, I think I’ve found the limit to how lightly I can pack!  😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for the gift.  Are you trying to tell me something?  LOL!

Yes, that you can cut back space for toiletries so that you can pack more clothes next time and not face the possibility of having to go topless. 

Let me know if you need to borrow any of my clothes. Sharing is caring. 

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

For all you “Dearest Patrons of the Arts”, you can have my invite!IMG_3789.thumb.jpeg.7a98ae53101dd6b63d7f48be3a077b03.jpeg

I swear thats the biggest scam on the sea. For some odd reason I had a loop in my backpack on a cruise a number of years ago. I happen to get it out to take a look at a print. One of the sales guys was standing right next to me. I mumble to myself this was nothing more than a digital print, nothing was hand painted except the signature. He says... no no no this is a "Giclee" print. I said yes I know its a digital print, a copy of the original. I'm thinking to myself do I really want to get into a pissing match with this guy? I sure do, a few minutes later after I schooled the guy I was asked to leave. Later that day I had two couples thank me, it was a shocker Park West was misrepresenting what they were selling lol. If its one thing I know its commercial and fine art printing 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Another GORGEOUS DAY!  

Probably hang on the ship to see what mischief is avaialable as all aboard time is 2:30.

IMG_3792.jpeg

IMG_3793.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

Looks like a great day for a jet ski ride!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm thinking to myself do I really want to get into a pissing match with this guy? I sure do, a few minutes later after I schooled the guy I was asked to leave.

I'm proud of you! Give those scammers a hard time. I'm all for this...maybe I'll try to get kicked out of the Art Auction too - it's now a bucket list item. Unfortunately I don't know enough about art to know if something is fake or real. I do know Park West is almost as scammy as the Cruise Next folks, though! 

BUT......HAPPY BIRTHDAY @graphicguy!!!! I'm glad you had a great dinner and some yummy cake! 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes, that you can cut back space for toiletries so that you can pack more clothes next time and not face the possibility of having to go topless. 

Now THAT would be a sight!  😁😃

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Dinner was indeed fun. However, I did not get enough to eat so….

IMG_6039.thumb.jpeg.62063a685ef11b8f036d04620527d305.jpeg

I ordered extra crispy with buffalo sauce on the side. It was crispy and expertly seasoned. Two thumbs up from The Local. 

Thank you for posting your pic.  Extra crispy with sauce on the side is definitely the way to order!  However, can that wax paper liner get any smaller?  On our cruise last month there were a few times our food was off the wax and touching the table!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I swear thats the biggest scam on the sea. For some odd reason I had a loop in my backpack on a cruise a number of years ago. I happen to get it out to take a look at a print. One of the sales guys was standing right next to me. I mumble to myself this was nothing more than a digital print, nothing was hand painted except the signature. He on no no no this is a "Giclee" print. I said yes I know it’s a digital print, a copy of the original. I'm thinking to myself do I really want to get into a pissing match with this guy? I sure do, a few minutes later after I schooled the guy I was asked to leave. Later that day I had two couples thank me, it was a shocker Park West was misrepresenting what they were selling. If its one thing I know its commercial and fine art printing 

I actually saw with my own eyes someone drop $80K on a piece of art at Park West on the Prima earlier this year….$80 freakin’ thousand!!!!!!! .   They went on to tell me how it was a “bargain”.  Couldn’t prove it by me.

But, Park West on ships hasn’t had the best reputations.  And, I know they are just trying to do their jobs, but the “auctioneers” don’t seem to be any more knowledgeable than me.  

It all feels just a little bit “sleazy” whenever I have attended these auctions, which Ia haven’t done in quite some time!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I actually saw with my own eyes someone drop $80K on a piece of art at Park West on the Prima earlier this year….$80 freakin’ thousand!!!!!!! .   They went on to tell me how it was a “bargain”.  Couldn’t prove it by me.

But, Park West on ships hasn’t had the best reputations.  And, I know they are just trying to do their jobs, but the “auctioneers” don’t seem to be any more knowledgeable than me.  

It all feels just a little bit “sleazy” whenever I have attended these auctions, which Ia haven’t done in quite some time!

It's almost criminal... here's a good article.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-12-14/ever-bought-artwork-on-a-cruise-prepare-to-be-seasick?leadSource=reddit_wall

Sorry didn't mean to take away from your thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Laszlo said:

It's almost criminal... here's a good article.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-12-14/ever-bought-artwork-on-a-cruise-prepare-to-be-seasick?leadSource=reddit_wall

Sorry didn't mean to take away from your thread

No worries.  It amazes me how some don’t realize how they operate!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

And I really was hungry because I did not eat much at La Cucina. I just don’t like their food. 

Plus, you just got back from Italy, where I hear they have Italian food.

This reminds me of being on our November, 2022 TA, which included stops in four Spanish ports. Pinchos, the tapas bar on the Escape, was completely empty for the entire cruise. Who wants ship tapas when you can get the real thing at four port stops?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Plus, you just got back from Italy, where I hear they have Italian food.

This reminds me of being on our November, 2022 TA, which included stops in four Spanish ports. Pinchos, the tapas bar on the Escape, was completely empty for the entire cruise. Who wants ship tapas when you can get the real thing at four port stops?

Amen to that! 

And it’s true…they DO have Italian food in Italy and it’s not bad. But my goodness, they had never heard of spaghetti with hot dogs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

IMG_3800.jpeg

• Haha 11