Photo upload for online check in - what is the secret

Im trying to complete the online check in and get to the photo upload and no matter what photo I upload it never gets past "in progress" for this section - meaning I cant get to the print boarding pass - Ive even tried skip photo and take at terminal but it still wont progress to the boarding pass. What is the secret to completing this  ??

Actually the trick was to use an Iphone - it wouldnt work with my Samsung, nor with an uploaded photo on my laptop but it did work using my husbands iphone - go figure!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

What is the secret to completing this  ??

Skip that stage if you wish.

Last time I did online check in it did not require it to complete the process.

A photo was taken at actual check in / boarding.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Skip that stage if you wish.

Last time I did online check in it did not require it to complete the process.

A photo was taken at actual check in / boarding.

Yes I tried that and it still wouldnt progress ( wouldnt let me go to the boarding pass option) on my laptop or Samsung phone but luckily it all worked on my husbands iphone so we are all set now- thanks 

Another issue can be that the photo is too large, both in terms of dimensions and/or file size.  If you have a 12mp camera, you are generating an image that is 4000 by 3000 pixels in size.  Huge.  But if you are just looking at it on your phone, it doesn't seem that.  When you download to your computer, you'll see the true size of the photo.

In my experience, I download photos to my computer, then use an image editor to resize the photo to a much more manageable size.  And then have few problems uploading to other sites, including e-visa applications.

YMMV.

37 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Another issue can be that the photo is too large, both in terms of dimensions and/or file size.  If you have a 12mp camera, you are generating an image that is 4000 by 3000 pixels in size.  Huge.  But if you are just looking at it on your phone, it doesn't seem that.  When you download to your computer, you'll see the true size of the photo.

In my experience, I download photos to my computer, then use an image editor to resize the photo to a much more manageable size.  And then have few problems uploading to other sites, including e-visa applications.

YMMV.

Thanks. I'm a graphic designer,(well was until a few years ago) so totally understand all aspects of this. It appeared to be an issue with chrome/android today.. iPhone worked perfectly. Others having issues might want to try that

14 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

Thanks. I'm a graphic designer,(well was until a few years ago) so totally understand all aspects of this. It appeared to be an issue with chrome/android today.. iPhone worked perfectly. Others having issues might want to try that

Posted for the benefit of ALL who are reading this thread.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

YMMV.

Have a Samsung S23 Ultra and encountered this today with my HOA website.  Photos were 4000 by 3000 pixels as you noted.  I went into edit then clicked the 3 dots upper right and chose Resize which gave me several choices.  This may be helpful to some trying to upload photos for ship, visas, etc. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, the mice said:

Have a Samsung S23 Ultra and encountered this today with my HOA website.  Photos were 4000 by 3000 pixels as you noted.  I went into edit then clicked the 3 dots upper right and chose Resize which gave me several choices.  This may be helpful to some trying to upload photos for ship, visas, etc. 

That's how I do it - although on my desktop computer.  I've also encountered a couple "picture"  problems when a country (not Oceania) requires a document or photo in landscape versus portrait or vice versa. Then you have to pull up the picture, push the edit button, then push the crop button.  But I've encountered more "too large" (file size) problems than anything else. 

40 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

That's how I do it - although on my desktop computer.  I've also encountered a couple "picture"  problems when a country (not Oceania) requires a document or photo in landscape versus portrait or vice versa. Then you have to pull up the picture, push the edit button, then push the crop button.  But I've encountered more "too large" (file size) problems than anything else. 

Haha!  I went thru this with photos for visas for our recent Asia trip.  After finally figuring it out on my desktop, I wish I had known about resizing on my phone first!  Life is a constant learning experience. 

Fiddled around trying to get a decent picture.  It worked but when we arrived at the port, I saw the majority of passengers having to have another picture taken.  So, for what it's worth, just press "skip this" and let them take the photo they want at check-in.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NewSalty said:

OK, so I've looked all over the website, thru all my emails, and Googled it, but I cannot find a link to actually get to the "Easy Check-In" page... What am I missing?

If you are eligible for check in, it should be in your online account when you download Booked Cruises.  There will be a box indicating Online Check In ……once you are eligible, it will be activated and you would simply click on it to start the process. 

Edited by EJL2023

1 minute ago, EJL2023 said:

If you are eligible for check in, it should be in your online account when you download Booked Cruises.  There will be and Online Check In box…..once you are eligible, it will be activated and you would simply click on it to start the process. 

You're too quick on the draw... I'd forgotten which forum I was on.  But thanks anyways!

• Haha 1