Dining on Apex

Hi everyone,

We are cruising on Apex this Summer out of Southampton to Norway.

Having never cruised with Celebrity before we would very much appreciate info on the MDR'S on board.

We've read some topics that say there are no early and late sittings anymore, only anytime dining, but others seem to imply that there ARE early and late sittings.

We actually chose late sitting when we booked (direct with Celebrity not through a TA).

So:-

1. Can anyone currently on Apex clarify what the ACTUAL situation is.

2. Do you eat in one restaurant (if you do, indeed, have a 'sitting' booked) or can you move around?

Many thanks in advance. ☺️

I'm onboard right now. You can go whenever. They also offer fixed dining which we signed up for. We ate totally as lone with no one even next to us. I asked for advice and they said to just show up and go to one of the four restaurants and tell them you will share. We noted a couple who refused to share a table and they were told they would have to wait thirty minutes. 

We were seated one night with a nor social group. It was sometimes like crickets and one lady had dementia and an unresponsive manner. We were seated with her two nights in a row and vowed to not have that happen again. I tried addressing her, but she looked fearful and rather vacant. The menu gets tires on me after 13 days.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I'm onboard right now. You can go whenever. They also offer fixed dining which we signed up for. We ate totally as lone with no one even next to us. I asked for advice and they said to just show up and go to one of the four restaurants and tell them you will share. We noted a couple who refused to share a table and they were told they would have to wait thirty minutes. 

We were seated one night with a nor social group. It was sometimes like crickets and one lady had dementia and an unresponsive manner. We were seated with her two nights in a row and vowed to not have that happen again. I tried addressing her, but she looked fearful and rather vacant. The menu gets tires on me after 13 days.

Hi,

Many thanks for this.

We're travelling with my Mother-in-law, and both she and my Husband don't like sharing so we'll be asking for a table for 3, although that was something we asked for when we booked so they should know already.

Hope you have a great cruise! ☺️

We usually prefer early time at Cyprus or Tuscan.. and do not care to share.  We have always had luck with a  water view table for 2 & sunsets on E CLASS. And  the same servers.

We'll hope for the best when we sail on APEX  next Jan.  

• Thanks 1

Yes, you can dine when you want where you want…there might be a slight delay.  Talk with them on boarding day for more info. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We found we could wait until about 6:45 to go as the folks who were going to the 7 pm show were leaving at that time.

We don't tend to eat until 8:15-8:30pm. Hopefully most will have finished by then. ☺️

1 hour ago, Cruise Puss said:

We don't tend to eat until 8:15-8:30pm. Hopefully most will have finished by then. ☺️

Again you may find folks finishing up dinner about that time so they can go to the late show.

• Thanks 1