Can you take a taxi to Montjuic Castle?

I have searched for this answer online and not found anything. Everything just talks about the bus and the cable car.  

My husband booked us an off-shore fishing expedition the day before our cruise. The place we are going to to catch the boat is south of the airport on the coast. When we come back into Barcelona, it seems that we will go near Montuic and I was hoping to see it at that time...in other words, have a taxi drop us off. However, I can't find anything stating whether this is allowed or done or where we would have them drop us off.  If we have to walk a bit, that is fine.

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Everything just talks about the bus

Is this the hopon-hopoff bus? If so, then it operates on public roads just as a taxi would.

I cannot recall which stop for the Castle would be the best (I think there are three stops on Montjuic - and we only got off at the one for the Miro gallery, but, if you could work that out then you would have a destination to be able to tell the taxi driver. Getting a taxi back after the castle may be an issue - I can't recall seeing taxi ranks up there (although I wasnt looking for one). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harters said:

Is this the hopon-hopoff bus? If so, then it operates on public roads just as a taxi would.

I cannot recall which stop for the Castle would be the best (I think there are three stops on Montjuic - and we only got off at the one for the Miro gallery, but, if you could work that out then you would have a destination to be able to tell the taxi driver. Getting a taxi back after the castle may be an issue - I can't recall seeing taxi ranks up there (although I wasnt looking for one). 

It said to take the 150 bus from Placa Espanya and get off at bus stop number 2315.  Said it takes about 30 minutes and the bus runs every 10-15 minutes.
Honestly, I am a bit concerned about even getting a taxi back from the place we are fishing. I have asked my husband to contact the fishing charter and also emailed my hotel. 

Not the hop on/off then but a normal public bus service (which seems to run between the Plaza and Castle). 

Could you not just give your taxi driver the address of the castle?  If your fishing destination is within the Barcelona municipal area, the taxi will have a city licence and the driver is bound to know the castle. If some distance away, where the driver may not know the city well, maybe get the taxi from the fishing place to, say, the Plaza and get the bus or a taxi from there. 

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I have searched for this answer online and not found anything. Everything just talks about the bus and the cable car.  

My husband booked us an off-shore fishing expedition the day before our cruise. The place we are going to to catch the boat is south of the airport on the coast. When we come back into Barcelona, it seems that we will go near Montuic and I was hoping to see it at that time...in other words, have a taxi drop us off. However, I can't find anything stating whether this is allowed or done or where we would have them drop us off.  If we have to walk a bit, that is fine.

Hi

about taxis in Barcelona (obviously you can get a taxi to Montjuic)

and more information about Montjuic

• Like 1