Considering Explora Journey But Would Appreciate Some Feedback as Comparted to other Brands

20 hours ago, saminina said:

It seems Explora passengers are more familiar with Azamara, Oceania type ships rather than what you have mentioned.  At least when it comes to raves.  I agree that people normally sailing  the lines you listed would feel as you described.  Only natural they would have a more critical view.  Fourteen days on Explora works fine for me.  My last seven days (out of 19) could have been brutal with the influx of creepy people, but it was impressive how the crew protected a familiar face in the restaurants.  Thinking of doing a short try on Scenic during October for a new experience.

I know you have sailed on Seabourn quite a bit and railed against them over the last few years - our last few cruises have ranged from if the first would never come back to our last that was almost every thing Seabourn used to be.  We have been on Scenic 3 times and while the ship itself has design flaws, mostly around lack of outside spaces, the crew are 80% of some of the best ex Seabourn crew.  Every time we board we know so many of the crew, like it used to be on Seabourn.  And senior officers mingle with pax, love Captain Rado up there with David Bathgate.

Will be doing 2 Scenic river cruises later this year.

Edited by 2SailingNomads
No idea how double posts nor how to delete it
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, saminina said:

Well, your Scenic comments influenced the decision to give it a try.  Did a Scenic river from Amsterdam a few years ago that was worthwhile.  One of a kind story how that happened.

Just don't take the 2 or 3 lowest level suites on Scenic.  Last time we had a spa suite and it was very good.  First time took the 2nd lowest category and storage was limited.

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

Yes If the chair hogs don't get them before breakfast!

hogs 1.jpg

Hogs 2.jpg

@CJANDH Not an issue.  I am never opposed to taking stuff off, giving it to the attendant.  I am that kind of guy.  Notice the water.  I believe this might have had some bad weather and the folks bugged out.  Not sure, but a possibility.  Regardless, one must have a plan. 

Cruise well and know I will move your stuff it you are not at the lounge chair within 15 minute.  I will enjoy every moment. 

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@CJANDH Not an issue.  I am never opposed to taking stuff off, giving it to the attendant.  I am that kind of guy.  Notice the water.  I believe this might have had some bad weather and the folks bugged out.  Not sure, but a possibility.  Regardless, one must have a plan. 

Cruise well and know I will move your stuff it you are not at the lounge chair within 15 minute.  I will enjoy every moment. 

I would absolutely do the same! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

It was actually a perfectly calm day. What you are looking at is the wake from the ship.

• Thanks 1