Icon of the seas - Live (ish) - 5/18-5/25

17 hours ago, lexy1 said:

We went to the Hideaway infinite pool when everyone got off at Cozumel and also enjoyed hot tubs there at night chatting and drinking with others. It was definitely a more 'lively adult vibe' than the super quiet solarium.

That's our plan Stan.

• Like 2

First time cruisers on this ship will be in for a rude awakening the next ship they go on that isn't icon when the windjammer food goes from this (2nd time this week) to chicken nuggets, hamburgers and dried out meat. 

I'll also be sad. The windjammer is top notch on Icon and it makes me sad that it used to be like this before budget cuts across the fleet and this is only temporary for icon. 20240523_184516.thumb.jpg.8a35fa502571671f61c2bed591a1fe90.jpg20240523_184518.thumb.jpg.6e0b486b8a6d3221c98c8ec3153191f3.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, colesc15 said:

I do have to say, I'm not sure if the rooms walls and floors are built different or what, but this is by far the most noise I've ever heard in my cabin and it's been the entire week and have heard others say the same. We're on deck 12 so cabins below us and above us and I can hear footsteps in the cabin above constantly, balcony furniture moving with the door closed, and doors slamming in the hall. You can see also openly hear conversations coming through the shower drain from I'm assuming the neighbor if they're in the bathroom. Just so bizarre. 

I was on deck 14 and noise at night w/ moving tables/chairs, some sounded like a horn, etc. 

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Espresso martini, comfy seat in overlook, and sun setting directly in front of us. 20240523_191301.thumb.jpg.5970c934feafb1ff302e9cc995121d91.jpg

my fave spot on icon. 

19 minutes ago, hollon said:

I was on deck 14 and noise at night w/ moving tables/chairs, some sounded like a horn, etc. 

Agree! I was on deck 14 as well 14634 mid ship under the royal bay pool. Noticed no movement at all during the day, but in the wee hours of the morning, there was ALWAYS lots of heavy moving around of chairs/tables or equipment.  It was loud enough to wake anyone up. First 2-3 nights, it would wake me up briefly. Hated that part but eventually I was able to sleep through it. We never have chosen decks under windjammer or pools and next time we'll be more careful.

I must be a sound sleeper bc we were also on deck 12 and heard nothing from our neighbors. Occasionally we'd hear people scraping their lounge chairs or the foot stools on the balcony but that's it.  One night, my gf's were talking really loudly on the balcony (think drunk...lol) and I told them to talk quieter bc it was 12:30 am and people were sleeping.  The next day, I asked our neighbors (who by chance we met on Day 1 on deck 5 and they just happened to be in the cabin next door), if they heard my friends and if they were too loud and they said they never heard anything - the whole time we were cruising.  And we never heard them or our neighbors on the other side who had 2 kids in the room. I will admit that we almost always had the balcony door open - we even slept with it open so maybe that helped drown out the noise.

I do notice noise if I was in the shower - I would hear things then. 😃

56 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I must be a sound sleeper bc we were also on deck 12 and heard nothing from our neighbors. Occasionally we'd hear people scraping their lounge chairs or the foot stools on the balcony but that's it.  One night, my gf's were talking really loudly on the balcony (think drunk...lol) and I told them to talk quieter bc it was 12:30 am and people were sleeping.  The next day, I asked our neighbors (who by chance we met on Day 1 on deck 5 and they just happened to be in the cabin next door), if they heard my friends and if they were too loud and they said they never heard anything - the whole time we were cruising.  And we never heard them or our neighbors on the other side who had 2 kids in the room. I will admit that we almost always had the balcony door open - we even slept with it open so maybe that helped drown out the noise.

I do notice noise if I was in the shower - I would hear things then. 😃

yea, on deck 12 you have staterooms above and below so you were in the ideal situation.  I did not hear my neighbors but definitely heard lots of slinging of chairs and stuff from 15 above (we were directly under the pool area)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lexy1 said:

Agree! I was on deck 14 as well 14634 mid ship under the royal bay pool. Noticed no movement at all during the day, but in the wee hours of the morning, there was ALWAYS lots of heavy moving around of chairs/tables or equipment.  It was loud enough to wake anyone up. First 2-3 nights, it would wake me up briefly. Hated that part but eventually I was able to sleep through it. We never have chosen decks under windjammer or pools and next time we'll be more careful.

yes for the price this is the first time i bought a o.v. balcony gty and that's where they put me. But, for 3000.00 for two people in an o.v. I can't really complain, these prices are so overpriced. 

2 hours ago, hollon said:

yes for the price this is the first time i bought a o.v. balcony gty and that's where they put me. But, for 3000.00 for two people in an o.v. I can't really complain, these prices are so overpriced. 

Omg, yes. We booked ours when it first opened end of 2022 and got the same price for ov balcony. but we watched price of skyrocket overtime and we’re grateful for the price we paid. While sitting at the airport, we overheard a couple say they paid seven grand. wow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hollon said:

That’s a really good price. I booked two cruises on the first day bookings were available and thought I paid too much ($3500 for a CP Balcony this past February and $3400 for an OV on 12/28/24). In hindsight these prices aren’t too bad. I would never pay what people are paying now to cruise on Icon, although I wouldn’t say they’re overpriced. If they were overpriced, people wouldn’t be booking Icon. 

Posted (edited)

Ours is an accessible interior, we paid $2823 all in. Including travel policy and grats.

Cruise Fare 1627.00 1627.00 0.00 0.00 3254.00
Extra Sav NRD
30% Savings NRD
Vacation Protection Plan
Gratuities
Taxes, fees, and port expenses
Total 2822.76
Promotions Applied

If pricing stays what it is now, we won't be doing Icon class again.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interior

1 hour ago, lexy1 said:

Omg, yes. We booked ours when it first opened end of 2022 and got the same price for ov balcony. but we watched price of skyrocket overtime and we’re grateful for the price we paid. While sitting at the airport, we overheard a couple say they paid seven grand. wow. 

Wow, $7000?? I hope they were not in an OV balcony for that price.  We booked the day of release and got an interior plus for $2660 (2 of us).  I would pay that again and again but not some of the higher prices I am seeing now.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, colesc15 said:

First time cruisers on this ship will be in for a rude awakening the next ship they go on that isn't icon when the windjammer food goes from this (2nd time this week) to chicken nuggets, hamburgers and dried out meat. 

I'll also be sad. The windjammer is top notch on Icon and it makes me sad that it used to be like this before budget cuts across the fleet and this is only temporary for icon. 20240523_184516.thumb.jpg.8a35fa502571671f61c2bed591a1fe90.jpg20240523_184518.thumb.jpg.6e0b486b8a6d3221c98c8ec3153191f3.jpg

Hope this extends past the inaugural season since we are not on until next March!  Maybe need to email Royal about that one😜

• Like 1

Final night so we'll see where we end up. Starting the night in one our favorite new venues, the dueling piano bar. Met the female pianist at Hideaway today and got to talk with her a bit, she's a hoot. 

• Like 1

Dueling piano was great again. We were going to go to the late night comedy in the theater but decided to go relax in the cabin and enjoy the balcony before calling it a night. These moon views with the reflection are superb this trip. First time this entire cruise we're in the cabin before 12:30.

We have a day pass for one of the airport hotels pools tomorrow to kill some time before our flight home so I'll be able to do a recap tomorrow. I'll also discuss if icon is my new favorite ship, or where it ranks about the many we've done. 

See you tomorrow! 20240524_223618.thumb.jpg.06851fdd487d42cc2c208db0242fac7a.jpg

• Like 3