New Orleans Hotel Help

We’re in the beginning stages of planning a kid free birthday cruise for my boyfriend and I. We’re considering several options but one of them is a 4-5 night cruise out of New Orleans. 
I’m going to get together the options and then let him pick.

Neither of us have been to New Orleans before and it would only be 1 night before the cruise. We’re looking for a hotel that’s nice, budget would be $300ish a night and we’d like to be within walking distance of somewhere local to eat, and nightlife. Im sure the French quarter would be a great area for us. But also not too far from the port. 
Throw out some recommendations for me to check out! 

17 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

... We’re looking for a hotel that’s nice, budget would be $300ish a night and we’d like to be within walking distance of somewhere local to eat, and nightlife. Im sure the French quarter would be a great area for us. But also not too far from the port...

Hello @kelkel2

You might want to research the Ports of Call - New Orleans forum. That forum may have some hotel information too.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 5/18/2024 at 4:50 PM, kelkel2 said:

We’re in the beginning stages of planning a kid free birthday cruise for my boyfriend and I. We’re considering several options but one of them is a 4-5 night cruise out of New Orleans. 
I’m going to get together the options and then let him pick.

Neither of us have been to New Orleans before and it would only be 1 night before the cruise. We’re looking for a hotel that’s nice, budget would be $300ish a night and we’d like to be within walking distance of somewhere local to eat, and nightlife. Im sure the French quarter would be a great area for us. But also not too far from the port. 
Throw out some recommendations for me to check out! 

Are you driving or flying?

• Like 1

Nearly all hotels in the Central Business District (CBD), near the convention center, and in the French Quarter could meet your purpose. As @Saint Greg noted, if you are driving or flying that would make a difference in terms of parking your car (if driving).

• Like 1

I am hoping some folks here have had experience with either/both of these hotels, Eliza Jane (Hyatt) and The Saint(Marriott) . My travel agent is recommending these two for pre/post cruise. I’ve just succeeded in persuading my mum to come along for my trip in January. We are not looking for a place in the French district as we’re both well past the party hard stage of our lives. 

On 6/4/2024 at 4:14 PM, eileeshb said:

I am hoping some folks here have had experience with either/both of these hotels, Eliza Jane (Hyatt) and The Saint(Marriott) . My travel agent is recommending these two for pre/post cruise. I’ve just succeeded in persuading my mum to come along for my trip in January. We are not looking for a place in the French district as we’re both well past the party hard stage of our lives. 

Check out Greg's website. There's some info for lots of hotels in NO on it. Several reviews and lots of pics. https://www.saintgregtravel.com/

On 6/4/2024 at 5:14 PM, eileeshb said:

Well, the Eliza Jane is a great location in the Central Business District, which is a short walk from the French Quarter. The Saint is on Canal Street on the French Quarter side. It is also a bit high up, with more of the restaurants, etc... toward the river. I have not stayed in either, but if those were my choices, I would choose the Eliza Jane for location and amenities around it. The Eliza Jane should also be quieter because it is not directly next to the French Quarter (although the Saint is two blocks north of Bourbon, which should make it quieter).

We are cruising out of N.O. in March. I've booked the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown on St Charles and Canal (just cross Canal and you are in the French Quarter) for $199 a night. We are Marriot Bonvoy members, so I am not sure is this is a members-only rate (Free to join Bonvoy). We have stayed many places in Nola. We find it's quieter to stay just outside the quarter rather than in it. There are several options on that area of Canal, including the New Orleans Marriot. Prices vary widely depending on the specific day.