Solstice ? Which cabin?

Hello,

I want to book the Equinox up for early next year this morning and trying to decide which aqua class stateroom to choose.  I always have avoided cabins that have the pool deck above me and I do not get up early in the morning and need your advice please.

Aquaclass cabins are solely on the 11 deck.  I have a hump cabin number 1608 available or should I choose cabin 1633 which has stateroom above me?  Cabin 1632 is also available but I read somewhere it is opposite the crew doors which is noisy.  

I could choose a regular verandah cabin but this ship does not have the smaller dining rooms like the E class and I not a fan any longer on the large dining room unless you were to tell me it is better than Blu?  We were on the equinox this past October and loved Blu and were on the Beyond last month and found ourselves dining in the MDR instead of Blu.  

Would appreciate any advice you can give us and thank you.

1608 has a larger balcony which can be a plus however, personally, we don’t care for the cabins on the slant facing forward.   The balcony  can be very windy when the ship is moving.  We find the ones on the slant facing aft to be very comfortable.
1608 is under the pool deck so there could be some noise from deck chairs being moved.

The crew door you referenced is around 1634/36 as I recall.  When we book Aqua on S class we always book the ones aft of the elevators to have cabins above.  If it were me I would pick 1633.  

If you haven’t checked the S class cabin sticky do so as you most likely will find reviews of some of these cabins. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hump staterooms IMO are very desirable.  Location to elevator banks, potentially larger balconies, etc.  I can see how the wind could be a factor given the angle and facing direction of the balcony, but that would not be a major concern with us.

If you want to avoid being under the pool and Solarium decks, maybe consider locations aft of the hump where there are only staterooms above you.  Forward of the Solarium is the salon and fitness center.  Perhaps the fitness center, primarily starboard, may present some potential concerns.  But these would be your only other options.

It is interesting to note that Celebrity classifies all of the Aqua class staterooms under the pool and Solarium deck as their highest sub-category.  Probably based on a mainly midship location and proximity to either elevator banks.  But they don't seem to think these are bad locations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

We've been in various AQ cabins on Solstice class ships - some under the pool deck, others under cabins. Prefer the hump cabin and we have had a forward facing hump cabin and I loved it because I could see what was coming. But if wind bothers you, you likely won't enjoy it.

The only time we have heard noise from the pool deck was when they were rearranging chairs and even then it wasn't all the time or for a long time. We didn't hear party noise except on New Year's Eve when there was a bash on the pool deck. 

If you're very sensitive to noise, get the cabin under another cabin. 

• Like 1

Take 1608.  We've been in both 1610 and 1606.   Great location on the ship.  You can get the A1 (1608) for the price of the A2's (1632/1633).  The only good thing about 1632/33 is you have staterooms above and below of you.  In 1608 you may hear a tad bit of noise from scraping of chairs for pool set up.  Didn't bother us.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

You can get the A1 (1608) for the price of the A2's (1632/1633). 

That would depend on the itinerary and pricing algorithms in place at the time and is not a certainty.  Typically  A1's are priced higher as a sub-category, and therefore in all locations, than an A2.  If a given itinerary pricing A1's and A2's at the same rate then they would all be at the same rate in any location.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1