App versus orders

I ordered my excursions months before my cruise. Since then I have received two emails updating the times of two of my excursions. In looking at the my calendar section of the app, I noticed, just by chance, that one of the excursions that had been updated, still had the original time, which was 3 hours earlier. I called Celebrity and they were very cavalier about it. They claimed it must be an IT glitch and verified the correct time. Concerned about the apps reliability I checked all of my excursions and noticed that most of the times were different on the app then they were in my order confirmation. This really upsets me because I plan around the excursion times and rely on the app. I know the times can be changed but if the changes aren’t reflected in the app and some of the times have changed by and hour or so without any notification at all how can I possibly have any confidence on what’s right and what’s wrong. I am leaving in 24 hours and am not at all certain what to do.  I have called Celebrity and all they could do was tell me they would notify the IT department. Has this happened to anyone else? 

16 minutes ago, Clemmnj said:

I ordered my excursions months before my cruise. Since then I have received two emails updating the times of two of my excursions. In looking at the my calendar section of the app, I noticed, just by chance, that one of the excursions that had been updated, still had the original time, which was 3 hours earlier. I called Celebrity and they were very cavalier about it. They claimed it must be an IT glitch and verified the correct time. Concerned about the apps reliability I checked all of my excursions and noticed that most of the times were different on the app then they were in my order confirmation. This really upsets me because I plan around the excursion times and rely on the app. I know the times can be changed but if the changes aren’t reflected in the app and some of the times have changed by and hour or so without any notification at all how can I possibly have any confidence on what’s right and what’s wrong. I am leaving in 24 hours and am not at all certain what to do.  I have called Celebrity and all they could do was tell me they would notify the IT department. Has this happened to anyone else? 

I always just confirm with the tickets left in my cabin when I arrive.

• Like 1

Earlier this year, they changed the time of one of our excursions from 1pm to 8am. No notice but thank goodness we actually looked at the tickets as @Liao said above or we would have shown up at 1pm. We actually cancelled as we don't like having to be anywhere at 8am while on vacation in the Caribbean.😁

I don’t rely on info in the app until I am actually on board.  Much of what is on the app ( menus, activities, etc) reflect the current sailing of the ship not the info for a future cruise.

i noticed before a recent cruise the times of thing on my calendar were incorrect, but the ship was in a different time zone which I think may have been the problem.  When we boarded the ship the items on my calendar were all correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a common refrain here that the app is very unreliable prior to boarding. Now once onboard and connected to the ship’s WiFi your experience will be much improved. Even that is not 100%. For my last cruise on Ascent I booked specialty dining at Eden, RTG, and LPC. Then the flash sale had the dining trio for half price. I booked the package and canceled the individual reservations. When we go onboard the system still had the cancellations as booked. Luckily we took the original time slots and were all set.

If the app and the order confirmations show different times and the app is unreliable it is very difficult to do any advance planning. If I can’t rely on the app then I fail to see the point. All my planning is done by the time I’m onboard. If I book an excursion for the early morning so that I can book a private tour in the afternoon I have to be able to rely on something. I’m not complaining about times being changed, I get that it happens, I’m upset about the fact that sometimes I get an email about a change and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes the app matches the order confirmation and sometimes it doesn’t. And sometimes an email, the app, and the order confirmation all have different times, which is what I noticed today. This is very nerve wracking and makes it impossible to plan ahead. My flight is now in less than 24 hours and I actually have no idea where I am going to be at any time on any day. It’s the 21st century. 

• Like 1