Considering Oceania

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We are in a similar position, I think. E+ on Celebrity and have our first O cruise booked for November 2025, a TA on Vista. We enjoy the entertainment on X so have similar concerns with O. But, we will never know if we don’t try it. 

We haven’t discarded X, just a little more selective. Prices have jumped a lot on Retreat so we bargain hunt. Found a decent deal in November 2024, January 2026 and April 2026, all under $400pppd for Retreat.  Trying HAL and O in 2025. 

Also searching SS and Viking to try them out too, although SS prices have jumped a lot in the past couple months so they have moved off the front burner for us. 

We are looking forward to trying something different.

mac_tlc

Yes, very similar positions and we were leaning strongly towards SS but the price jump you've noted has us looking elsewhere (such as O).

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:20 AM, Jim_Iain said:

What benefits do you get for booking on board or purchasing a certificate to book  once home.

Pretty much what Harters said.  It was enough for us, and they already had our TA in the system so she new about it as soon as we booked it.  OCC was decent enough as well.

4 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Pretty much what Harters said.  It was enough for us, and they already had our TA in the system so she new about it as soon as we booked it.  OCC was decent enough as well.

If your going to cruise again and on the ship, why not---any discount is better than done-so why not book it if that is what you want.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

If your going to cruise again and on the ship, why not---any discount is better than done-so why not book it if that is what you want.

Yup! 🙂  Better than full price.

We’ve done four fabulous cruises on Riviera, and one on Vista (last February).  We found the Vista experience to be a step down, especially with service and food quality in the GDR.  The ship felt understaffed (passenger load was full).  For the price paid, it felt like a lower value,  compared to say, Cunard grill suite, for a similar price.  Hope to get back on Riviera in the future. 

I am doing Vista with an open mind; new ships are my choice for cruising, so starting with a TA next May, 2025.  If this goes well, then I will look at Allura’s itineraries, along with those on Vista.  We love eating outside, not to mention do not need a lot of assistance with anything.  I love hearing that ships do not feel crowded, as that is my hope for a smaller ship experience.  If one does not try a new cruise line, new experiences will be lost for sure.  Celebrity’s suite prices on her new ships, especially in Europe are just crazy, so trying a PH to see if that works for us.  My only concern is the gym, but my DH tells me not to worry; I will be fine with just cardio and a few weights.

Thanks, again, for all the feedback. We are booked on Vista next Jan for LA to Miami Panama Canel and looking forward to experiencing Oceania for the first time!

• Like 2