Oasis my time dining

I have My Time Dining on Oasis. Do I need to book times now or can I do it each night on the ship? Also if you do it in advance will it interfere in booking entertainment? 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, tauntoncheer said:

I have My Time Dining on Oasis. Do I need to book times now or can I do it each night on the ship? Also if you do it in advance will it interfere in booking entertainment? 

Thank you. 

My Time on Oasis is a mess - you are in for a LONG wait if you do not book in advance!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

My Time on Oasis is a mess - you are in for a LONG wait if you do not book in advance!

Have just come over on the transatlantic and had no issues with MTD at all. Walked up to the desk and were seated within a minute every time we went. 
Only on the first night did I see a queue. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Have just come over on the transatlantic and had no issues with MTD at all. Walked up to the desk and were seated within a minute every time we went. 
Only on the first night did I see a queue. 

What time? It was a zoo every day until about 7:30 pm ....

If you plan on going past 8pm it will always be fine on all the ships!

• Like 1

We have just returned from the transatlantic, we booked the times before the cruise, just like we do at home when we want to go to a restaurant. But you can use the mtd without making a reservation in advance, you may have to wait in line in this case. We usually have dinner around 8/8:30pm, and it was very quiet, with no queues, even for those who didn't have a reservation. During Med/Europe cruises there will probably be more queues around this time because we usually have dinner later here. It depends if you are sailing from USA or Europe/Med.

• Like 1

On the First BCN cruise this year the line with reservations was huge every night at 7:30 wrapping around the elevator banks, however it moved very quickly.

The line without reservations was not moving at all and just as long- they were telling people to come back later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

On the First BCN cruise this year the line with reservations was huge every night at 7:30 wrapping around the elevator banks, however it moved very quickly.

The line without reservations was not moving at all and just as long- they were telling people to come back later.

Yes, it can happen during the firts one or two Med cruises, specially the post TA ones. Then more passengers from Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc... start to cruise and we normally dinner around 8.30/9:00 at home (9.30 and later in Spain)so the later times are always full. For instance i booked this week a september cruise in italy and the later dinner times are already "soldout".

I pre-booked MTD for 7 PM each night of our recent Oasis TA.  Showed up the first night with a long line.  A host was walking around and asked if people want fixed 6:45 PM seating each night (same table, wait staff).  Took the offer.  🙂  No waiting in line each night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I pre-booked MTD for 7 PM each night of our recent Oasis TA.  Showed up the first night with a long line.  A host was walking around and asked if people want fixed 6:45 PM seating each night (same table, wait staff).  Took the offer.  🙂  No waiting in line each night.

Surprised you had to ask for fixed 6.45 pm - they asigned us right away - it was on our sailcards!

1 minute ago, bruce85 said:

When can you book your dining time. I have anytime in November and wanted to make reservations. Don't see it yet on my app. 

I booked Odyssey, November 2024, in May 2023.  MTD reservations were available immediately after booking.

26 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

When can you book your dining time. I have anytime in November and wanted to make reservations. Don't see it yet on my app. 

Use the online planner, not the app. 

• Thanks 1