Scooters on American Cruise Lines

Does anyone know if American Cruise Lines allows scooters onboard? I was told by Scootaround that riverboat cruises don’t allow them.

I tried looking for an answer on ACL's website, and it just mentions wheelchairs and walking aids. Have you tried contacting ACL directly?

Seems a topic of discussion recently and somewhat controversial too.

It is often that the ships are not built to handle scooters, and they most often cannot be kept in the hallways, so they must be in the cabin.  Unless you are getting a suite with an outer room from the bedroom, I would be surprised if you could even park a scooter in the cabin and get past it.  River cabins are traditionally very small.

I would contact ACL directly and get whatever answer they give you in writing before you attempt a booking.  

On our Viking booking info it was made very clear that this was not the holiday for those with mobility issues. As to a scooter, the corridors are narrow and trying to drive along one would necessitate everyone else waiting while they went the length of it. I'd imagine there would be all sorts of fire evacuation issues. 

Following as we're booked on Serenade September 2025 and I'm leaning toward only renting a wheelchair for wife that normally uses a scooter on ocean cruises since they are such large ships. 

River cruise boats seem small enough that a scooter would be more trouble than it's worth.