Which tour to take?

sjde

We will have 12 hours here on a cruise and are trying to decide which excursion to take.

The 4 hr one goes to Knip Beach, Boca Tabla Natl Park, the salt lakes of Jan Kok and the Jan Kok estate (plantation?) and gallery (Nena Sanchez).

The 3 hour excursion goes to the herbal/botanical garden and a distillery to see how curacao is made.

The 2 1/2 hour one goes to the old fortress, a handcraft shop the island's high point (view of Spanish water lagoon), shops and a liquor distillery (Chobolobo).

Thanks for any input!

I’m happy to see someone else is on this cruise besides me and my crew. We’ll be flying in on the 8th from East Texas. There are 6 of us. One of the ladies in my group wanted to see the butterfly farm in Aruba (I think.). It shows sold out on the RC excursions. Is there a small chance we can do that tour with another company? Thanks and maybe I’ll meet some of you on the ship. 

We are flying in the day before as well.  We’re from Tampa.  When you get off the ship, there are usually plenty of private vendors offering tours.  Or you may be able to hire a taxi and go to the butterfly farm on your own.

Flalmingo,  PLEASE, pretty PLEASE come back and post after your visit with Gone Caribe.  

SJDE,  We have friends planning a visit to Curacao, and might also consider an ABC Island cruise.

The thing is,  which sites are best are which ones YOU are most interested.

Of the ones you mention...  the first tour would def. be the one I would choose.

Knip Beach. (which one???) nice and beautiful little beaches,  and Boca Table (aka Sheet Boca Nat. Park) With the crashing waves and water 'geysers'.

Those are the things that interest me...  the natural beauty of the Island.

If I got to choose, on a private custom tour,  I would add Playa Piskado.

For me, plantations and distilleries would be lower on the list.

The web-site for Gone Caribe, as mentioned, might be very helpful, with that click-able list of sites and points of interest.  You can look thru those to see what is what.

From what I am seeing, they offer a private tour, up to 6 hours, where you select and prioritize the places you want to see.

• Thanks 1