Escape Forward facing ov cabin

My sister & I are looking to book for January or February. She wants an inside but I’m trying to convince her to move up to ov. 
I see cabins on deck 9 that face forward. 
Has anyone been in one? Thoughts? Feedback? How much movement did you feel? 
We’d be sailing to either St Thomas etc or Mexico. 
thanks 

Posted (edited)

When the ship is rocking-n-rolling, every room will move. The forward facing room will move more. In a storm, you will hear the pounding of the sea against the bow. 

We book forward facing rooms from time-to-time. We had one last year. (Actually, we book forward facing Haven rooms (suites) on either side of the ship from the OV rooms). 

From Deck 9, you won't have the best forward facing view. You are looking down at the bow of the ship and the crew bar and sundeck below. But, if you look beyond that, you'll see where you are going. 

Every forward facing room will be a little different because of the ship's structure. The video below is from what is probably the smallest OV room. You get a bit more space as you move to the center of the ship. (We actually sit on the counter under the window and watch the sea go by).

We would take a OV room over an inside room any day. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I have had this type of cabin twice and I love them. One was a Mexican Riviera cruise and there was almost no movement or waves crashing against the bow. But on my eastern caribbean cruise, it was another story. It was only the first night and half of the 2nd night, but the waves crashing was very loud. I think it bothered me most because I didn't know what it was the first night. I saw the Captain the 2nd day and asked him about it and that's when he told me it was the waves. He also assured me that once we got to our first port, it would not happen again, and it didn't, not even on the way back to Miami. 

Be aware that you have to keep your curtains closed at night if you have the lights on, But you can't see anything out there in the dark anyway so that was not an issue. I would for sure take this cabin over an inside (and maybe even a balcony) if given the opportunity.