Wine shop near Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver?

We have purchased the drink package but are considering bringing on a bottle or two of nicer wine for our stateroom. We don't want to travel with it in our checked bag so is there anywhere convenient to Pan Pacific Hotel to purchase wine (convenient without a car but willing to walk a mile or so). 

Posted (edited)

With the drink package you get a significant discount on wine by the bottle on board.  They also have multiple wine lists ;).  If you talk to the Sommelier in the MDR he can/will show you everything available.  You may be surprised.  You can usually get his interest without even asking for him.....you can get the wine list from the waiter and then say something off hand like "gosh I was really wishing for a nice Malbec tonight"......he'll come running.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

Can confirm that BC Liquor store is an easy walk from the Pan Pacific. We dropped by after a visit to a bar so we didn't take a direct route but I believe had we went directly it would have been about a 10 minute from the PP. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 9:21 AM, surgie said:

...is there anywhere convenient to Pan Pacific Hotel to purchase wine (convenient without a car but willing to walk a mile or so). 

Two spring the mind - the very close but mostly low-rent one at the Harbour Centre (<10mins walk, opposite Waterfront Station), which if you planned to visit the harbour centre for their viewing level or walk to Gastown, about as convenient as it gets!; but if you want as many options for fancy plonk as possible and better-trained staff to advise you, the Signature store on Bute is a much better bet: well under a mile, and if you e.g. walk along to Stanley Park or English Bay at any point, can be easily walked past on the way back to your hotel. Both are government stores, so prices are cheapest in town - map to both from the PP here.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Google is your friend.

I do realize this and have used it for over 20 years. But I have limited time in Vancouver and was looking for a personal recommendation - which I think is the purpose of travel blogs with real people vs AI lol!

On 5/27/2024 at 12:48 PM, neverbeenhere said:

BTW: You are only allowed to “walk a mile for a camel”.

LOL you are dating yourself here! But I get it.