Virgin Voyages for a 62yo?

chill6x6

Greetings all,

So we've been considering a Virgin Voyage for quite some time.  You know, something different.  Have cruised numerous times on Royal, NCL, HAL, and Celebrity.  We always sail in suites.  I'm 62 and dw is 45. 

What y'all think of us going on a VV cruise? Would be Scarlet Lady in a Gorgeous suite. I've noticed some Gorgeous suites have table and chairs with two loungers and the hammock.  Is this typical?

Thank you for any input and options! 

We are both in our early 60s,and recently returned from our 6th cruise with Virgin, and I our first time as rockstars. We had a Gorgeous Suite which makes you "Mega Rock Stars".

The service from our "Agent" was perfect. She made sure that we were taken care of.

Lots of great perks, and charming personal service.

We're sailing again this Fall as regular Rock Stars. It will be nice to compare the two experiences.

• Like 2

Virgin isn’t about age, it’s about attitude.  Some 30 somethings would be miserable and some 80 something’s would have the time of their life.

• Like 4

Age range on VV has  been 18-90s.  If you are willing to take a "You be you" attitude and not worry about what other people choose to do, you're fine.  If you don't like drag, don't go to diva shows--there is plenty more to do.  If crew with piercings or tats are going to offend you, this isn't your cruise line.  As far as PDA, I haven't seen anything in our 2 months (broken up into weeks) of cruising on VV that I hadn't seen on Disney.

Want to dress up--do it.  Don't want to--wear shorts and ts anywhere on board.
It isn't about age, it is about  attitude.

• Like 3

I am considering the 5-night voyage (the UK) on Virgin Resilient Lady from September 3rd - 8th. I've heard mostly positive reviews about Virgin, but do have some concerns regarding the demographics of those that sail. Could you provide me with an average breakdown of passengers that choose Virgin, and specifically, the trip I have in mind? What is the breakdown of gender, age, sexual identity, etc. This trip would be to celebrate my 40th birthday, and I would be traveling with my boyfriend (age 49). We are both white, heterosexual, and between the ages of 39 - 49.

Thanks everyone for the info and links and such! 

Sounds like we outta give it a try! We just like to chill, watch the world go by, see some good entertainment here and there, and eat some good food! I believe we can do that on Virgin!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Caitlyn64 said:

I am considering the 5-night voyage (the UK) on Virgin Resilient Lady from September 3rd - 8th. I've heard mostly positive reviews about Virgin, but do have some concerns regarding the demographics of those that sail. Could you provide me with an average breakdown of passengers that choose Virgin, and specifically, the trip I have in mind? What is the breakdown of gender, age, sexual identity, etc. This trip would be to celebrate my 40th birthday, and I would be traveling with my boyfriend (age 49). We are both white, heterosexual, and between the ages of 39 - 49.

The only official numbers I've seen from VV were for 2022...they said the average age on board was 43 with a range of 18-90s. I have some data on the specific cruises I was on related to age.  I honestly never felt that any of it mattered, and doubt that they collect anything other than that which is government required (age and sex). There will be about 2000 people on board.  Some of them will be like you in some ways.  Some will not be like you.  If that matters to you, look at a different line.

• Like 4

Well I’m sailing this Sept on the Valiant Lady….my first VV cruise. I’ll be celebrating my 72 birthday.

So far all my interactions with Virgin on the phone have been outstanding.

Great customer service use to be a trade mark for Princess…no longer the case. If the onboard experience on Virgin is equal to their pre cruise customer service I’ll rebook while on board.

Youtube videos have shown the passengers are very diversified, so I am not worried about not fitting in. I’m also a gym rat, so I won’t be board.

My only concern is dinning which might take some adjustment on my part.

Now where is the champagne?🥂🥂🥂👀

As Wanda on the in living color show use to say…..I’m red ta go👹

• Like 1

My husband and I are in our 60s and, after our first cruise on VV, we were hooked!  The music in the public areas is good and has actually introduced me to some new bands to listen to.  I guarantee, you will not feel out of place.  In fact, I was a bit disappointed, since I wanted to be the cool granny on the ship,  but easily half the other guests were my age or older.  

• Like 4