Late flight on disembarkation day.

yoj13

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Is the lounge access thing in the US or everywhere? I have 9 hours to kill in July flying to the UK and last time they never stopped me going in early. Luggage I get but I was doing a connecting flight (connected in Toronto)

Connecting flights seem to be the exception, meaning you can go into the airport lounge at the connecting airport earlier than 3 hrs. Of course each lounge may have different rules so you should checkout what the policy is for the lounge you're interested in going to. 

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Connecting flights seem to be the exception, meaning you can go into the airport lounge at the connecting airport earlier than 3 hrs. Of course each lounge may have different rules so you should checkout what the policy is for the lounge you're interested in going to. 

Thanks, yeah I've never seen the time limit on the small print but makes sense with the exception for connections as where I live there are no direct flights to the UK unless I drive over the border to Detroit.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, yoj13 said:

Oh thank you for the info.  It would be Fort Lauderdale.  The flight home is out of Miami.  We've done it quite a few times but usually we are on the 1715 BA flight and this one would be circa 21.00hours.  It's a long day, made even longer by the fact I hardly sleep the night before in case we sleep in!

I think we have done one Fort Lauderdale port excursion with drop off at Miami. I think it was to Hollywood Beach. No issue with the excursion but we were at the airport at 3pm which could be too early for you. I would look at hotel day package.

Edited by chemmo

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Now that you mention this you'll notice that there are no cruiselines where cruises that are roundtrip US are multiple embarkation and disembarkation points, something that MSC in particular does in Europe. TBH while cruises of that nature provide alot of flexibility on embarkation and disembarkation ports the onboard experience is quite different when not everyone gets on and gets off all at the same time. 

I’m not sure what you’re saying, but many of the super long cruises are segmented and have US starting and ending points.

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying, but many of the super long cruises are segmented and have US starting and ending points.

In Europe, people get on and off at every stop. 

Example, last year I got on at Southampton (while others left), next port was Hamburg - I stayed on the ship, others departed and others embarked at that port. This happens at every port they dock at.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

That's not what I meant. On MSC's European sailings, a particular ship will NEVER zero out. That's because every port stop can potentially be embarkation or disembarkation port. For example, the MSC Fantasia will sail the Mediterranean this July and it will do 7 night cruises making 5 ports stops;however, each of the 5 port stops are an embarkation and disembarkation port, which means every port stop the Fantasia makes there will be people starting their cruise, ending their cruise, or in the middle of their cruise.There won't be anytime of any day in July where the ship will ZERO OUT it's passengers. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions, some of which I knew about and others I can look further into.   It is much appreciated.