Palma Question

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Does anyone know where the Shuttle drops off in Palma, Mallorca ?

Hi

Near to the information point area facing the Cathedral..dropped pin.

IMG_2752.thumb.png.5c0c9906c9384a5202d7f972ca2e7e81.png

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Thanks 1

Great question - I was only searching for this information yesterday!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the cruise terminal at Barcelona? I understand it’s a longish walk into the centre, but interested nonetheless ! 😉

5 minutes ago, CaraLark said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the cruise terminal at Barcelona?

It is possible but the one part that is a bit tricky is when you go over the bridge as the pavement is quite narrow and there can be, depending on day/time, a lot of heavy lorries going at break-neck speed in both directions.

From memory it is about an hour's walk to Las Ramblas as the Carnival berth is the furthest away.

Why waste 2 hrs walking into and back from a short stay in Barcelona.

Just pay 7€ return for the port shuttles bus,,it drops you by the World Trade Centre 10 minutes from the bottom of the Ramblas.

• Like 2

We have done the Barcelona walk before, but the bridge section from ship to land is loooonnng! It does't look that far, but then 20 minutes in and you aren't even half way, and that's when you begin to regret not just taking the shuttle 😂 

To be honest I would recommend the shuttle and save your energy to walk the city: it's much more interesting walking around the city than the long road along the port.

And just to counter myself and sound contrary: I actually like the very long walk from Palma Port to the city center, as it's along the sea front with cafes and shops along the way. Although again, there are other places to have a long walk that people might prefer: the walk from Castle Bellver to Port is downhill and interesting.

21 hours ago, CaraLark said:

Great question - I was only searching for this information yesterday!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the cruise terminal at Barcelona? I understand it’s a longish walk into the centre, but interested nonetheless ! 😉

A long, long walk. Get the shuttle and save the hastle. If it's hot you may not survive the walk back.

1 hour ago, Cloudyrain said:

We have done the Barcelona walk before, but the bridge section from ship to land is loooonnng! It does't look that far, but then 20 minutes in and you aren't even half way, and that's when you begin to regret not just taking the shuttle 😂 

To be honest I would recommend the shuttle and save your energy to walk the city: it's much more interesting walking around the city than the long road along the port.

I would definitely agree, the trek along the rooftop height walkways seems endless, and once outside it's a boring walk to anywhere.

• Like 1