Water Taxi from Basseterre to Charlestown Nevis

My wife and I will be on the January 11th Apex sailing and have a few questions  about the logistics of taking a water taxi from Basseterre, St.Kitts to Charlestown, Nevis to Pinney's beach. Is the taxi walkable from the pier at Basseterre and is Pinney's beach walkable from the water taxi in Charlestown?

35 minutes ago, Daveskib said:

My wife and I will be on the January 11th Apex sailing and have a few questions  about the logistics of taking a water taxi from Basseterre, St.Kitts to Charlestown, Nevis to Pinney's beach. Is the taxi walkable from the pier at Basseterre and is Pinney's beach walkable from the water taxi in Charlestown?

My quick response would be no (to walkable from pier) and maybe (to walk to Pinney's). The water taxis seem to run from Reggae Beach (bottom of St Kitts) to Oualie Bay (close to top of Nevis).  We took a taxi all over St Kitts when staying there at the Marriott (including down to the bottom for Turtle Beach, and that was not a quick journey).  In Nevis, we stayed at the Four Seasons (on Pinney's beach), and walked easily to Charlestown and back along the beach & some small streets.

Mostly, it all comes down to how fit you are and how much walking you enjoy.

If you like to plan your own schedule, you can opt to schedule a water taxi from Reggae Beach, on the South East Peninsula of St Kitts, and dock at Oualie Bay, which sits on the north of the island. 

1 hour ago, Daveskib said:

There is a distinct difference between a Water Taxi and the regular Ferry Service.  

The regular Ferry service, schedules, price, walking directions, entrance (outside port) are posted for the independent traveller - Ferry from Basseterre to Nevis … https://www.sknvibes.com/travel/new_ferry.cfm

Then short taxi ride from Charlestown to Sunshine’s - Killer Bees?

A Water Taxi being ‘adjacent’ to the Ship is only for the Ship or Private booked Tours.  Hence, the short walk inside the Cruise Port/Terminal.

Independent travellers are not allowed to take a Water Taxi being used for the Ship or Private booked Tours.

Or 

Book the a Water Taxi Tour from inside the Port area with … https://bluewatersafaris.com/tour/nevis-beach-getaway/

Or

Another method to Nevis, pre COVID (open to general public)

Take a taxi (about $30/35 per cab each way) to Reggie Beach Pier to catch sea shuttle to Nevis (think it was $20/25 ppp each way) to Charleston port.  There was no actual timetable with plenty of transfers.  Ample taxis at Nevis port.

Additional:

There will also be plenty of shuttle minibus taxis to Reggie and return to ship (Not sure about the fare but work on $10/12 pp e//w)

Additional

From the ship it’s about a 10 minute walk.

Exit Port Zante, turn left into the main road, walk about 3 minutes, you’ll see a wood footbridge on left, take it, this is the entrance to the Ferry Terminal.

We took a great X excursion to NEVIS..

Our transportation (with water and drinks)  was a water taxi type vessel both ways but took diff scenic routes going and returning.

We had a  great local tour ( lots of Alexander Hamilton history),   with an excellent lunch   (a boutique shop),  and a fairly long  beach stop.   There are various combinations. Highly rec.  

Very hot sun. .. .hat, sunglasses and beach shoes rec.

What a great day we had!