Outlet in standard balcony room on Getaway

I have a cruise booked on this ship.  All of my looking & research indicates that BALCONY cabins do NOT have any outlets near the beds.  I purchased a long (withOUT surge protector) extension cord so I can use my CPAP.

• Like 1

Been on Getaway several times. Only outlet is on the shelf/counter area in main cabin. No USB ports/outlets near bed to charge things overnight. An item that hopefully gets addressed during a dry dock. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 5:12 PM, MCMC100 said:

Been on Getaway several times. Only outlet is on the shelf/counter area in main cabin. No USB ports/outlets near bed to charge things overnight. An item that hopefully gets addressed during a dry dock. 

I read somewhere that there’s an outlet behind the bed where the lamp plugs in. Does this sound like a possibility?

I’m unfamiliar with that outlet. I don’t recall a lamp that requires a cord and an outlet anywhere in the cabin. If others have a different recollection I will defer to them. 

No 110/220V outlets by bed.  Lamps are on wall, and in the last dry dock SOME lamps in balcony cabins have been changed out and new ones have USB A and C outlets on them. They are up high so you need a long 6' cord to reach the stand and you.  Not all cabins have them yet, unclear which ones do or do not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, cruise*enthusiast said:

I read somewhere that there’s an outlet behind the bed where the lamp plugs in. Does this sound like a possibility?

It is there and true for the 2 of the newest NCL ships in the fleet currently, the Prima and Viva and NOT available behind the bed/wall near the main bed.  The rest of the NCL ships, including the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and Joy in particular have none.   Bedside lamps are wall-mounted and newer ships have integrated USB-C and USB-A outlet, rated at 1.5A only, some of the older ship's balcony & oceanview cabins also had "some" of the wall lamps updated with the USB outlet.  

CAUTION: for the Prima/Viva - the desk lamp is connected to a 220 volt outlet (Euro 2 round-pins) and an adapter might be necessary if a dual voltage, auto-switching charging device being connected to use comes with a standard USA 3 prone, polarized plug.  Refer to photo below - Prima & Viva only: 

PXL_20240427_211250806.thumb.jpg.a5667a31c5b73ddd049932702dd64235.jpg

However, if you look closely, there is also a 110V outlet next to the light switch, it might be hidden by the pillows but do look for them on the Prima/Viva.  I'm 90% sure it wasn't there on our first Viva cruise last November in a different balcony stateroom, but it was there ... no need to unplug the desk lamp/move the night stand.  

When in doubt, contact Guest Services, Access Desk officers onboard and/or housekeeping to get a qualified crew to help safely and properly connect the device.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1