Swim diapers for toddlers and younger

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

That's why the pool and hot tub are chlorinated. Still though don't want urine in pool and definity not fecal matter. All kinds of sewage in ocean but it is diluted. Many public beaches in more advanced countries the water is tested. In any case that is one of the reasons I got the Hep A vaccine it is not just for foreign countries. Lot of sewage gets dumped in US waters. Also so I don't get sick from food in underdeveloped countries. 

I live in northeast NJ, the water at the beach is tested, there have been beach closures (more in NY) due to unsafe water conditions.

22 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Eewwwwww  OMG 

Now I will have to re think that large pool.  But honestly if one gets there really early, ya might be able to enjoy for 15 minutes.  

Haven't seen it in effect at Coco Cay, but MANY years ago, while in Jamaica, I was at a swim up bar and the lady next to me dropped a strawberry daquiri in the water.  It was astonishing how quickly the red was eliminated- disappeared / vanished right before our eyes.  I can only assume the chlorine level is damn near skin melting in those places!   🙂

4 hours ago, scottnkim said:

Haven't seen it in effect at Coco Cay, but MANY years ago, while in Jamaica, I was at a swim up bar and the lady next to me dropped a strawberry daquiri in the water.  It was astonishing how quickly the red was eliminated- disappeared / vanished right before our eyes.  I can only assume the chlorine level is damn near skin melting in those places!   🙂

oh my wow. Too much chlorine can be too bad too.

8 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

FYI, only DCL splash pads, and some RCCL splash pads (not all ships) allow for swim diapers. There are zero ships that allow swim diapers in pools.

That is true for ships sailing out of the US only.  The EU's ShipSan program, similar to the USPH VSP, makes no distinction on wearing of swim diapers in pools.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

That is true for ships sailing out of the US only.  The EU's ShipSan program, similar to the USPH VSP, makes no distinction on wearing of swim diapers in pools.

Europe(excluding our British Cousins)🙄🙄🙄

Just off the Symphony of the Seas and my only complaint was the lack of making sure the rule of NO children in swim diapers was enforced!!! There were so many children in obvious swim diapers in the pool ,even when reported ,,nothing was done 🤯

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 7:36 PM, BecciBoo said:

The water onboard is tested every day.

Actually, the water is tested by a specialty designed system every time is goes through the circulator and chlorine is put in at that time, so it's an ongoing method of keeping the chlorine at a stable rate. 

36 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Actually, the water is tested by a specialty designed system every time is goes through the circulator and chlorine is put in at that time, so it's an ongoing method of keeping the chlorine at a stable rate. 

And, while the chlorine level and pH of the water is continually measured and dosed, the pools are manually tested every 4 hours as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/30/2024 at 8:58 AM, Toddcan said:

Swim diapers are allowed in the Coco Cay pool though. 

That doesn't sound right.  I wonder if a family slipped by /wasn't noticed by the staff.  

On 5/30/2024 at 12:11 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Sorry, I just don't get the "ick" factor.  Honestly, I don't think about it. 

Me neither.  

On 5/30/2024 at 8:16 PM, STLCARDS82 said:

Which is why a lot of people get sick on a cruise!!

Do a lot of people get sick on a cruise?  
If so -- and I'm not really convinced -- is it the pools, or is it food, over-consumption of alcohol, dehydration, too much sun, or being around crowds in small areas? 

On 5/31/2024 at 10:13 AM, scottnkim said:

Was that chlorine, or was it a matter of a small drink dissipating into a large pool?  

30 minutes ago, silentbob007 said:

My son is potty trained but also loved playing in the splash pool. The Harmony staff tossed him out and told us it was for non-potty trained only. 

I haven't taken him out yet this summer, but last summer my then 1 1/2 year old grandson preferred splash pads over pools.  I mean, I've never seen him enjoy anything so much in his whole life as he enjoys a splash pad!  

10 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

That doesn't sound right.  I wonder if a family slipped by /wasn't noticed by the staff.  

Me neither.  

Do a lot of people get sick on a cruise?  
If so -- and I'm not really convinced -- is it the pools, or is it food, over-consumption of alcohol, dehydration, too much sun, or being around crowds in small areas? 

Was that chlorine, or was it a matter of a small drink dissipating into a large pool?  

I haven't taken him out yet this summer, but last summer my then 1 1/2 year old grandson preferred splash pads over pools.  I mean, I've never seen him enjoy anything so much in his whole life as he enjoys a splash pad!  

Would you like to stack your medical Experience against mine? One word....Crypto!!