Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Thank you for getting this direct information.

So just to be clear, you, as a cross-over P/Z are being allowed in the Retreat on your current cruise ?  

Thank you !

We are in the Retreat due to being in a suite, but I specifically asked him about access because we will be on the ship in September in a balcony, so I wanted to know if we’d have access as Zenith. Honestly I was just curious.  He told me he receives an email from shoreside which lists all the Zenith members and if access is granted. For this particular cruise everyone is. It could be different on different ships. This is what I was told on the Eclipse. Since this is so new, I assume it could change at any time.

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

We are in the Retreat due to being in a suite, but I specifically asked him about access because we will be on the ship in September in a balcony, so I wanted to know if we’d have access as Zenith. Honestly I was just curious.  He told me he receives an email from shoreside which lists all the Zenith members and if access is granted. For this particular cruise everyone is. It could be different on different ships. This is what I was told on the Eclipse. Since this is so new, I assume it could change at any time.

Roger.  Thanks !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doghog said:

I disagree with this reasoning (lack of better terms).  When cruising with Celebrity you are no longer Pinnacle. You are Zenith and should be afforded the same perks/benefits no matter how you became Zenith. Works the other way also. Zenith to Pinnacle. 

We are Zenith because they were nice enough to give it to us, but we didn’t earn it like the real Zeniths. If they do it by actual points, Zenith wannabes will only have the actual points that they have cruised with X. I think I have 194 actual X points so I personally don’t feel I’m entitled to the benefits of real Zeniths. If X wants to give me all the perks I’ll be very happy, but I can definitely understand why they don’t.

We had planned on looking at other cruise lines after we made Pinnacle to see what else was out there. Since we had already been on X they weren’t really on our radar. Now with the benefits I’ll be looking at them more. We had already booked a X cruise before this happened, but it was only because other people I know booked it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are Zenith because they were nice enough to give it to us, but we didn’t earn it like the real Zeniths. If they do it by actual points, Zenith wannabes will only have the actual points that they have cruised with X. I think I have 194 actual X points so I personally don’t feel I’m entitled to the benefits of real Zeniths. If X wants to give me all the perks I’ll be very happy, but I can definitely understand why they don’t.

We had planned on looking at other cruise lines after we made Pinnacle to see what else was out there. Since we had already been on X they weren’t really on our radar. Now with the benefits I’ll be looking at them more. We had already booked a X cruise before this happened, but it was only because other people I know booked it.

I respect your opinion. I'm only basing my opinion on when going from Diamond to Elite and Elite to Diamond the perks/benefits weren't/aren't based on cruise points. We appreciate now being E+ with Celebrity for being D+ with RC. However, we were only 92 Celebrity cruise points from making E+ on our own. Now that we are E+ I expect all the perks/benefits that go with that tier level. We made Elite and Diamond before the merger and before the first phase of the reciprocal program. 

Our second cruise was our first Celebrity cruise was in 1994. At that time we had to pay ($35.00 P/P) to join the Founders Club. Now the Captains Club. We like the differences and similarities between RC and Celebrity. We also cruise with Princess. But we don't chase the cruise lines tier levels. Nice when we it happens.