The pacific in September

We are cruising from Vancouver to Hawaii in late September. For people who have sailed this route what do the sea conditions tend to be in the Pacific at this time of year? We have never sailed in the pacific before. Thank you in advance. 

We went on RCCL a couple of years ago. With that amount of distance you are going to go through several changes in the weather. There were some high seas, There were lots of clouds (so much for seeing the stars without light pollution) and there was sunshine. I don’t recall it having any real effect on how we went about our days. It did get warmer the further South we went.

• Like 1

We did the sailing from Vancouver to Hawaii last September. The weather wasn't great until we got away from North America. In fact, there was a big storm in the Pacific so we sailed due south from Vancouver and headed west somewhere around Northern California. Once we got past that, the weather was nice. I always pack a sweater and definitely needed it a couple of evenings. Not a big old Alaska sweater but one for weather in the 60s with a wind. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I was more interested in the sea conditions ie. was it rough seas a lot of the way. Not overly concerned with the temperature. 

We have done it a number of times and most times we have done it it was cold and a bit rough until we got about 2 days from Hawaii and then the seas calmed and the temperatures became very comfortable.

The Northwest is very prone to Storms forming in the Bering and coming down the coast.  Thus the reason Seattle gets 40 inches of rain and 165 days of rain a year...

3 hours ago, 018041 said:

Thanks. I was more interested in the sea conditions ie. was it rough seas a lot of the way. Not overly concerned with the temperature. 

As I said, we sailed through a big storm for about 3 days. Storms have rough seas. Not 25 foot seas but rough. Weather & seas were better starting a few days in. 

We have sailed it twice in late  Sept.  Both times it definitely turned the corner a day out from Vancouver and was quite smooth the rest of the way.  We thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• Like 1