Doorstops on Adjoining Inside Doors?

My family will be going on the Beyond in two adjoining rooms. Can the two inside doors be propped open? Should I bring door stops? I’m thinking it would be nice to have them both propped open at times. 

The doors are pretty heavy, not sure about door stops. I have seen the cabin attendants use a door stop to keep doors open.  Perhaps they can leave one for you.  It is not a traditional door stop, more like a weighted bean bag on a rope that they put over the door handle.

• Like 1

As noted, the doors are heavy, and will slam closed with some force, I know of fingers being broken in them, so if your doorstop is not hefty enough, the door could slam on someone in heavy weather.  Note this particularly if children are involved.

Please do not jam anything between the door and the jamb on the hinge side of the door, as the weight of the door will start to deform the hinges and the door will not close properly.

As a cabin attendant for a doorstop that they use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Along the same line where is the connecting door on Beyond located? We have connecting veranda cabins booked and would like to know. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies!! As always, great insight shared!! 🙂 I think asking the room attendant makes perfect sense. I would definitely not want to injure anyone or the ship!! Thanks again!!

Edited by CruiserM1969
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CruiserM1969 said:

Thanks for all the replies!! As always, great insight shared!! 🙂 I think asking the room attendant makes perfect sense. I would definitely not want to injure anyone or the ship!! Thanks again!!

That is what we have done--ask your stateroom attendant for door stops.  We have always received wedge door stops made from wood.  They were used for the interior doors of the cabin.

IMG_2571.thumb.jpg.058f27b2de6233cd49cd2d906481778b.jpg

IMG_2562.thumb.jpg.8ea026be5c1ee0164e113ef179ed1aca.jpg

IMG_2544.thumb.jpg.aff91566f20ac20e6d267a28147daa22.jpg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, mahdnc said:

That is what we have done--ask your stateroom attendant for door stops.  We have always received wedge door stops made from wood.  They were used for the interior doors of the cabin.

IMG_2571.thumb.jpg.058f27b2de6233cd49cd2d906481778b.jpg

IMG_2562.thumb.jpg.8ea026be5c1ee0164e113ef179ed1aca.jpg

IMG_2544.thumb.jpg.aff91566f20ac20e6d267a28147daa22.jpg

This is awesome!! Thanks for the visuals, too!! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...