Live Caribbean Princess - Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland

We stopped for fuel , lunch and a rest stop - but not before we got soaked running into the multipurpose store . After a quick bite we went to the Reynisfjara  Black Sand beach . After parking it was a short walk around a cliff to the beach .

When we saw the beach it started to rain again so we ducked into a cave

IMG_6361 3_zpsmsfkcsnf

But when a bus arrived it got busy real quick . Notice the darker damp sand compared to the lighter dry sand of the cave

IMG_6372 2_zpsicih5eqi

IMG_6381 3_zpskkt4sdnw

IMG_6388 2_zpsxtclpfm5

The people wanted to climb the Basalt columns on the way back to the bus while others like a selfie pole . We hope to be using hiking poles - if we go . My Cellulitis of the left ankle and calf has  not responded to 3 antibiotics in 2 weeks time so far .

IMG_6396 2_zpsyuw4gthk

IMG_6407 2_zps1tai50as

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am loving all the photos, brings back great memories.

Cheers Mic

P.s did some posts get deleted in the last 12 hours?

Thanks Mic , I'm not sure . Which ones were they ?

Posted (edited)

Our next stop was a the Glacier Solheimajokull . It was about a 15 minute walk and our guide Jens told us to wear our winter jackets . He wanted us to go alone but changed his mind and walked with us .

IMG_6514 2_zpshe5afgap

IMG_6489 2_zpsedxuucc0

IMG_6484 2_zps7suj1kbq

IMG_6486 2_zpsswy8ph1v

IMG_6481 3_zpssuhc1aob

The glacier was not what we expected . It was black and gray with no blue . It was because of the volcanos in the area as it rubbed them and if they erupt , they spew ash . And the glacier is retreating . The ones that we saw in Antarctica and Patagonia are blue . Our favorite one is the Perito Moreno Glacier which is 200' tall , 3 miles wide and 19 miles deep and advancing.  Our video of it calving .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 4

We had seen the black sand beach and the glacier tongue and now it was time for waterfalls . First up was Skogafoss . It is the most powerful of the 3 that we would see . To the right are stairs that you can climb - if you are so inclined . 500 of them for a different view . We didn't , put you can see people climbing and the dark platform above the falls to the right .

IMG_6300 2_zpsfuth9slb

IMG_6318 2_zpsk7kfcmr8

IMG_6315 3_zpsrczghp1j

She'll be coming round the mountain . Rain jackets and swimming suits are optional .

IMG_6355 2_zpsd9yylo7k

IMG_6321 2_zpsm87k3s6w

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skógafoss

• Like 3

Some pretty scenery on the way to our last stop . We wanted to go past the gate to look at the sod house but it was closed . But that didn't stop others .

IMG_0605 2_zpsjhlkhh7v

IMG_6534 2_zpsdqgspw8n

IMG_6531 2_zpsjywgk0f6

IMG_6530 2_zpsdekpevac

IMG_6525 3_zpsubtgszau

IMG_6528 2_zpsuaa3tuxg

• Like 3

Seljalandsfoss was our last and favorite waterfall in a land of waterfalls . It was also featured in one of our favorite TV programs , The Amazing Race .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seljalandsfoss

IMG_6539 2_zpsktdfxd7u

The most unique feature of this waterfall is that you can walk behind it .

IMG_6541 2_zpsiwiggguf

People usually move to the right and circle in a counter - clockwise circuit . But our guide told us to go in a clockwise fashion explaining that is was more easy as your footwear would get wet and slick and that is was a more easy accent with slick shoes .

IMG_6556 2_zpsaz3sdecd

We had no water protection for our cameras so we didn't go behind the falls . So we settled for a slow shutter speed shot blurring the falling water .

IMG_6566 2_zpstadcrapw

IMG_6569 2_zpsr4z14oc9

IMG_6574 2_zps6enmvt4q

The best shot from behind the waterfall was the one from the wikipedia site .

undefined

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Seljalandsfoss was our last and favorite waterfall in a land of waterfalls . It was also featured in one of our favorite TV programs , The Amazing Race .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seljalandsfoss

IMG_6539 2_zpsktdfxd7u

The most unique feature of this waterfall is that you can walk behind it .

IMG_6541 2_zpsiwiggguf

People usually move to the right and circle in a counter - clockwise circuit . But our guide told us to go in a clockwise fashion explaining that is was more easy as your footwear would get wet and slick and that is was a more easy accent with slick shoes .

IMG_6556 2_zpsaz3sdecd

We had no water protection for our cameras so we didn't go behind the falls . So we settled for a slow shutter speed shot blurring the falling water .

IMG_6566 2_zpstadcrapw

IMG_6569 2_zpsr4z14oc9

IMG_6574 2_zps6enmvt4q

The best shot from behind the waterfall was the one from the wikipedia site .

undefined

I forgot the videos from Seljalandfoss

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, quincytoo said:

What a great thread 

love the pictures 

Asking for a friend, does Churchill bar still have a server to order drinks from? 

Thank you . We are not on the ship yet so we don't know . We board in a month .

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing as you’re helping us get through our cruising withdrawals while we’re between cruises! 😁

You're welcome , hopefully your next cruise and thread will be soon .

1 minute ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

You're welcome , hopefully your next cruise and thread will be soon .

We'll be heading to Norway and the Baltic on a 21-day B2B out of Southampton starting July 13 on the Sky Princess.

The last port that our last cruise to Iceland and the UK that we will do on our upcoming  cruise is Invergordon , Scotland .

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We'll be heading to Norway and the Baltic on a 21-day B2B out of Southampton starting July 13 on the Sky Princess.

That's the day after we leave . We do like the Royal Class in many ways .

The photos that I'm currently using are from a Baltic and Northern European cruise in 2019 which included Saint Petersburg before the invasion of the Ukraine .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The last port that our last cruise to Iceland and the UK that we will do on our upcoming  cruise is Invergordon , Scotland .

That's the day after we leave . We do like the Royal Class in many ways .

The photos that I'm currently using are from a Baltic and Northern European cruise in 2019 which included Saint Petersburg before the invasion of the Ukraine .

As I was just skimming through your thread looking at the photos, it didn't even dawn on me you won't be boarding your cruise until July 12th! 

Cruise Details - 16-Day Icelandic Fjords & British Isles - Princess Cruises

I have to say this is by far the longest pre-cruise warm up to a Live From thread I've seen. But that's cool as your photos are definitely enjoyable to look at, regardless of when they were taken. 😀

The next port that we will visit on the CB that we have done before is Invergordon . Hope that you're ready for some bagpipe music .

The port is well protected from the North Sea in the Moray Firth .

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As I was just skimming through your thread looking at the photos, it didn't even dawn on me you won't be boarding your cruise until July 12th! 

Cruise Details - 16-Day Icelandic Fjords & British Isles - Princess Cruises

I have to say this is by far the longest pre-cruise warm up to a Live From thread I've seen. But that's cool as your photos are definitely enjoyable to look at, regardless of when they were taken. 😀

We also did the same format on our last cruise when we went to Antarctica , South America and Patagonia in January , when it was Summer there . That being pre- cruise , cruise and post cruise . It was a great cruise and you and the other readers may enjoy our last thread found at the link below .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The next port that we will visit on the CB that we have done before is Invergordon . Hope that you're ready for some bagpipe music .

The port is well protected from the North Sea in the Moray Firth .

We also did the same format on our last cruise when we went to Antarctica , South America and Patagonia in January , when it was Summer there . That being pre- cruise , cruise and post cruise . It was a great cruise and you and the other readers may enjoy our last thread found at the link below .

That's funny! We boarded our 30-day South America/Antarctica cruise RT out of Santiago on the Sapphire Princess on Jan 20 (see my Live From in my below signature area), the day before your NCL Star cruise ended. And you're right, that part of the world down there is pretty awesome! FWIW we chose Princess because they cruise around the Antarctica Peninsula for 4 days whereas NCL and Celebrity just do it for two days.