Live Caribbean Princess - Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland

9 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Planks, steamers are permanent space either side, aft part of the buffet.

Open alternative nights on current (live) cruise tonight(20/6/24) is Steamers.

Thanks , we looked at the deck plans on the Princess web site and could not find them .

Asked tonight no popup crab shack on Caribbean P.

The Planks and Steamers space is used for overflow seating for buffet.

There are some stations that support breakfast and sea day lunches

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Asked tonight no popup crab shack on Caribbean P.

The Planks and Steamers space is used for overflow seating for buffet.

There are some stations that support breakfast and sea day lunches

thank you . Does that mean if you book the planks or steamers that it will have priority over the overflow .

Posted (edited)

This mornings update. The staff Dr. gave me the hope of maybe going home today and I do feel a little better after 2x of IV antibiotics each lasting 2 hours . The last one started at 2215 until 0015 . After a sleeping pill I was awakened by a blood draw at 0415 .

Hopefully it be my ticket to freedom , but I must see the Infectious Disease Dr. and be given their release before I can go .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

Another 2 hour round of IV antibiotics currently and Pat is making the 30 minute ride hopefully for the last time today to go home ,We still need to see 2 doctors to clear us to go home . My primary doctor is suppose to be in London when we are before going home to India to visit family , so we hope to call him and ask him to call the ID doctor and maybe speed things up .

15 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

thank you . Does that mean if you book the planks or steamers that it will have priority over the overflow .

The overflow from the buffet is only used for breakfast/ lunch/ afternoon tea then they start clearing the area and getting ready for the evening Planks or Steamers. What I don’t know is, as they are on opposite sides and operate on alternate night whether the one that isn’t open that night is used for overflow from the buffet or overflow from the Planks or Steamers from the other side. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amajaa said:

The overflow from the buffet is only used for breakfast/ lunch/ afternoon tea then they start clearing the area and getting ready for the evening Planks or Steamers. What I don’t know is, as they are on opposite sides and operate on alternate night whether the one that isn’t open that night is used for overflow from the buffet or overflow from the Planks or Steamers from the other side. 

Thank you for all the information ! 🙂

16 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The side in use for plank or steamers is exclusive the other side is overflow

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We spoke to the staff doctor ho has given us her approval . We are waiting for the ID doctor for their medication recommendations and their blessing to allow us to go home . We hope to watch the Stanley Cup at home and sleep together in our own bed tonight ! 🙂🙂

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We spoke to the staff doctor ho has given us her approval . We are waiting for the ID doctor for their medication recommendations and their blessing to allow us to go home . We hope to watch the Stanley Cup at home and sleep together in our own bed tonight ! 🙂🙂

Glad to hear that you are going home and have the Doctor’s approval for the cruise. Get your rest because you will be very busy soon. 

Posted (edited)

The Caribbean Sunrise from the roving Lido bow cam .

IMG_7103_zpsildmgq57

IMG_702720Stitch-001_zpsvin67woh

IMG_7016_zpsnw4f28if

IMG_7002-001_zpsgxpb7eys

This forward facing suite was available with a short walk to the large viewing area over the Bridge . It's larger than most suites but you are suppose to keep the balcony door shut while underway . And their is a lack of privacy with people able to look down into your balcony while in port when you can open the doors . So we didn't book it .

IMG_702320Stitch-001_zpsmiqtajqk

It's L -107 and can be seen on the deck plan from the Princess website .

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CB

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

We have had  11 cruises on Princess all in the Caribbean and mostly SCUBA related . We first cruised the CB in preparation for a European cruise and TA about 9 years ago . We wanted to be familiar with it before we got to Europe and there were a lot of cheap cruises on her from Fort Lauderdale . One thing that we really liked was the atrium to the 24/7 International Cafe  all decked out for Christmas .

161e5767-5a29-4b08-bdca-233a18a967e8_zpspdopizuc

The atrium elevator ride , watching the sea life go past felt like descending on a SCUBA dive .

IMG_6791_zpsubwti5ym

Near the Crown Grill where Pat couldn't wait to attack her steak

IMG_6802_zpsqpbrqpjs

DSC08990_zpszciqlm4e

DSC08988_zpsbulemad4

• Like 1

Whales , Penguins and Puffins  ( oh my ! )

The first trip that we made to Europe ( the Baltic ) was in 2006 and the first trip to South America was 2007 both on the NCL Dream . So like the NCL Star and the CB Princess it's about the location . A Star  was born in 2001 to NCL and it has room for 2813 passengers . The Caribbean Princess was made in 2004 like it's sister ship the Sapphire Princess . The difference was that the CB has 19 decks and holds 3134 passengers while the Sapphire has only 17 decks and holds 2678 , leaving the Star in the middle of the passenger count but 3 years older than the Princess sisters .

Both of the ships depart after about a 9 hour flight with a 2 day say in London for the Princess and 2 days in Buenos Aries for the Star . Both of the departure ports we will return to after the cruise and both will be the warmest ports of the cruise . The price is similar for suites but the Star has a much larger suite . They both have side balconies but the Star also has a forward facing balcony . Our last suite cruise on Princess was the Enchanted and it has a concierge while the CB does not . It does included a Spa pass instead of the Concierge , but the Spa on the Enchanted is much nicer than the CB . For a review of the Enchanted please see below . The Star has a Concierge before and during the cruise and a butler .

• Like 1

2 weeks from today we are scheduled to leave . And so we are in the hunter and gatherer but soon to be packer mode . ✈️🌐

London is in a heat wave with tomorrow's forecast of 85 F tomorrow afternoon . It is that hot here currently at 1000 .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

We just returned from a doctor's office and the Pharmacy, and as I started writing this , another doctor called and made an appointment on my wife's birthday . That leaves only 3 appointments before we are scheduled to fly . My Primary Doctor is going to be in London when we are and he is from Bombay and is going to visit there after London . We enjoy Indian food and and asked him for a recommendation for dinner and he asked us if we would like to meet for dinner . In the Indian culture does that mean he is buying ? 😉

• Haha 1