Live Caribbean Princess - Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland

On 6/4/2024 at 1:16 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I am really trying to make sense of this "LIVE".  I know that you are NOT on the Caribbean Princess until July 2024, yet you are posting as if you were on the ship now.  

Am I the only one confused?  Maybe you could ask the moderators to change the title of this thread and THEN start a live when you are actually on your next cruise?????

No you're not the only one confused.  There's a lot of lovely pictures from the OP's past cruises from north Atlantic ports and oddly Cozumel.  But it's not a live from.  I really do think it would be more helpful to have this one renamed to something more appropriate in recognition of the fact that it's really about past cruises on Princess so as not to mislead other CC'ers.  And them maybe they can start a real live from when they are on the way to the actual cruise?  Which of course we all love following.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

No you're not the only one confused.  There's a lot of lovely pictures from the OP's past cruises from north Atlantic ports and oddly Cozumel.  But it's not a live from.  I really do think it would be more helpful to have this one renamed to something more appropriate in recognition of the fact that it's really about past cruises on Princess so as not to mislead other CC'ers.  And them maybe they can start a real live from when they are on the way to the actual cruise?  Which of course we all love following.

If you read through the thread, it is live but with some memories thrown in, and they are on the journey to the cruise.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If you read through the thread, it is live but with some memories thrown in, and they are on the journey to the cruise.

Technically it's not a live from thread as it was started two months prior to a sailing, it's more a live from their life and their memories. This is technically a REVIEW of past cruises and ships. They still aren't on the journey to the cruise if you read the thread.

Live from threads have started to come about maybe a week earlier as people are traveling to their destination and cruise.  I have done that myself.  I will say that this is a first for me in the many years that I have been both a member and a Host on the boards where one is started so far in advance. I think this is what has confused many members. 

New members as well as seasoned members,  may not realize that what they are seeing is not coming from a current cruise and time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Technically it's not a live from thread as it was started two months prior to a sailing, it's more a live from their life and their memories. This is technically a REVIEW of past cruises and ships. They still aren't on the journey to the cruise if you read the thread.

Live from threads have started to come about maybe a week earlier as people are traveling to their destination and cruise.  I have done that myself.  I will say that this is a first for me in the many years that I have been both a member and a Host on the boards where one is started so far in advance. I think this is what has confused many members. 

New members as well as seasoned members,  may not realize that what they are seeing is not coming from a current cruise and time.

We started this thread less than a month ago as we booked the cruise at that time on post #7 . We have also made it clear to people who have become confused when we stated what area that our suite was in  ( Post #6 )  on the first day .

Sometimes if people come in late to a movie show ( Or on a thread like this ) , they may become confused if they miss the beginning . I'm sorry if that is the case , but have never tried to portray that we are currently on our upcoming cruise . We will fly to London to stay for a couple of days on July 9th , a week from Tuesday . Meanwhile , we have labored to walk people through the process of booking dining reservations , and shown some of the locations that we hope to visit in the future , by using photos from past cruises . Are we allowed to do this ?

Day-by-Day Itinerary:

Fri, Jul 12Friday, July 12th 2024 Southampton (for London), EnglandView excursions in Southampton (for London), England on Friday, July 12th 2024   04:00 pm
Sat, Jul 13Saturday, July 13th 2024 Portland, EnglandView excursions in Portland, England on Saturday, July 13th 2024 07:00 am 07:00 pm
Sun, Jul 14Sunday, July 14th 2024 Cornwall (Falmouth), EnglandView excursions in Cornwall (Falmouth), England on Sunday, July 14th 2024
( Water Shuttle Required, Wheelchair Access Limited )
07:00 am 06:00 pm
Mon, Jul 15Monday, July 15th 2024 Cork, Ireland (Cobh - For Blarney Castle)View excursions in Cork, Ireland (Cobh - For Blarney Castle) on Monday, July 15th 2024 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Tue, Jul 16Tuesday, July 16th 2024 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Tuesday, July 16th 2024    
Wed, Jul 17Wednesday, July 17th 2024 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Wednesday, July 17th 2024    
Thu, Jul 18Thursday, July 18th 2024 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Thursday, July 18th 2024    
Fri, Jul 19Friday, July 19th 2024 Reykjavik, IcelandView excursions in Reykjavik, Iceland on Friday, July 19th 2024 08:00 am 10:00 pm
Sat, Jul 20Saturday, July 20th 2024 Grundarfjordur, IcelandView excursions in Grundarfjordur, Iceland on Saturday, July 20th 2024
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Sun, Jul 21Sunday, July 21st 2024 Akureyri, IcelandView excursions in Akureyri, Iceland on Sunday, July 21st 2024 09:00 am 06:00 pm
Mon, Jul 22Monday, July 22nd 2024 Seydisfjordur, IcelandView excursions in Seydisfjordur, Iceland on Monday, July 22nd 2024
08:00 am 06:00 pm
Tue, Jul 23Tuesday, July 23rd 2024 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Tuesday, July 23rd 2024    
Wed, Jul 24Wednesday, July 24th 2024 Orkney Islands (Kirkwall), ScotlandView excursions in Orkney Islands (Kirkwall), Scotland on Wednesday, July 24th 2024 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, Jul 25Thursday, July 25th 2024 Invergordon, ScotlandView excursions in Invergordon, Scotland on Thursday, July 25th 2024 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Fri, Jul 26Friday, July 26th 2024 Edinburgh (South Queensferry), ScotlandView excursions in Edinburgh (South Queensferry), Scotland on Friday, July 26th 2024
08:00 am 08:00 pm
Sat, Jul 27Saturday, July 27th 2024 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Saturday, July 27th 2024    
Sun, Jul 28Sunday, July 28th 2024 Southampton (for London), EnglandView excursions in Southampton (for London), England on Sunday, July 28th 2024 07:00 am  

Thanks for the large font.  What is a "first side suite".  Are you in a mini-suite or aft suite?  I love the Caribbean Princess.  Enjoy your cruise.  I am looking forward to hearing your comments.  

You're welcome . We usually book aft corner suites on our other favorite cruise line for the wake show . The only full suites that we saw were the Penthouse Suites on the side . We chose Starboard as it faces the land the most . We like your locations . We went to Kauai and San Francisco for our anniversary last March .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

One thing that we have never done on the CB is the Ultimate Breakfast which we will try to reserve with Princess today . We also hope because it's a longer cruise that they will have a Winemaker's Dinner . The last time that we did it was on our last cruise with Princess , The Enchanted for Valentine's Day and our anniversary  .

1147688558_IMG_0113(4).thumb.JPG.05c8973eacbacba363e3aeb076989a40.JPG

The Wine Makers Dinner

1820893816_2022-02-1418_54.06(2).thumb.jpg.95e54f2aaf52803737d0eed0c046b451.jpg

871621559_DSC05208(2).thumb.JPG.f40016bb616d185c8209afb58f8cc7c7.JPG

1578337841_DSC05209(2).thumb.JPG.c70890cd657a3949376f5c85e0f51cf1.JPG

231785243_DSC05211(2).thumb.JPG.9b0b4f37b4d25d8cf0a51217a3a6a5b9.JPG

308516311_DSC05214(2).thumb.JPG.f2e9f7b922d2b70e842663d39e4de493.JPG

• Like 1

The Enchanted Princess is currently going in and out of the port in Fort Lauderdale . If you are coming to Florida please be aware of couple of possible threats . Florida is the shark bite capital of the world . But more deadly are rip currents which have killed 5 tourist live in one week .

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fifth-tourist-in-four-days-dies-at-florida-beach-said-to-be-deadliest-for-rip-currents-in-us/1663297

I as a child was caught in a rip current at age 6 when my father taught us to swim in the ocean using the " Sink or swim " method . He carried  me and my 5 year old brother out into the ocean  in about 6 of water with waves and told us to sink or swim . We survived by holding our breath and bouncing off of the bottom to the surface for another breath of air , while moving toward the shore . My brother made to shore but I got caught in a rip current dragging me out to sea . Fortunately I also got caught in a longshore current which moved me away from the Rip into deeper water . Again employing the bounce and breathe method in about 10 feet of water , I made it to shore . My Mom was frantic and afraid of drowning ( Thalassophia ) so she never learned to swim . But she did my father an ear full on the ride home and it's the only time that she ever yelled at my father that I remember . We all learned a lesson that day .

Edited by scubacruiserx2