San Francisco Disembark Flight Doable ?

Jeter02

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

We have used that same spot when being dropped off.    

Our last few cruises in and out of San Francisco, it’s been stormy so we asked to go directly to the terminal.  Next time, if the weather is decent, we will give our Uber driver a break and ask to be dropped off there.  Many know the back roads to get to that point without a lot of traffic like we’ve seen on the Embarcadero.  

• Like 2

Also looking at possibly flying in day of with a non-stop flight which arrives 11:57am hoping I should be fine on a Monday afternoon when I grab an Uber and head over. If anyone have thoughts and input on the embarkation day flight I'm all ears.

33 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Also looking at possibly flying in day of with a non-stop flight which arrives 11:57am hoping I should be fine on a Monday afternoon when I grab an Uber and head over. If anyone have thoughts and input on the embarkation day flight I'm all ears.

If your flight lands around noon and is not delayed for more than an hour, you should be fine, as I think the latest flights allowed through EZAir are by 1:00 PM.  I always use that as my guide.  

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Our last few cruises in and out of San Francisco, it’s been stormy so we asked to go directly to the terminal.  Next time, if the weather is decent, we will give our Uber driver a break and ask to be dropped off there.  Many know the back roads to get to that point without a lot of traffic like we’ve seen on the Embarcadero.  

Great minds think alike!   You avoid the bumper-to-bumper on the Embarcadero!  

• Like 1

I live in Clayton CA so an hour to SF Piers by mass transit. And I've walked off the ship, up to Embarcadero station and made it home by 10. SFO (my airport of choice) by 10 would be do-able by uber if you had TSA precheck 

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I agree with what @CruiseRaider said a few posts earlier.  But fair warning -- The 101 freeway towards the SF Bay bridge (the direction you will be going) turns into a slow crawl starting mid-afternoon.  It used to start at about Hospital curve but now seems to start at Caesar Chavez and goes all the way to the bridge.   The good news is your Uber driver should know surface street options to get around this.  I guess this is a long way of saying, don't dawdle at the airport.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I agree with what @CruiseRaider said a few posts earlier.  But fair warning -- The 101 freeway towards the SF Bay bridge (the direction you will be going) turns into a slow crawl starting mid-afternoon.  It used to start at about Hospital curve but now seems to start at Caesar Chavez and goes all the way to the bridge.   The good news is your Uber driver should know surface street options to get around this.  I guess this is a long way of saying, don't dawdle at the airport.  

Have opted to come in the day before as when I was checking the history of this flight It can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours late which it is today. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Making the flight arrive after 1:00 or close to 2:00 pm. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I live in Clayton CA so an hour to SF Piers by mass transit. And I've walked off the ship, up to Embarcadero station and made it home by 10. SFO (my airport of choice) by 10 would be do-able by uber if you had TSA precheck 

Good point.  Taking BART from SFO to the Embarcadero station on embark day is an option too.   The station is about one mile from Pier 37.  We have taken BART then used the streetcars from near the Ferry building to Pier 37.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Have opted to come in the day before as when I was checking the history of this flight It can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours late which it is today. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Making the flight arrive after 1:00 or close to 2:00 pm. 

I think you made a very good call.   👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Good point.  Taking BART from SFO to the Embarcadero station on embark day is an option too.   The station is about one mile from Pier 37.  We have taken BART then used the streetcars from near the Ferry building to Pier 37.  

But not today. There's a bus bridge between 24th St & Daly City delaying everything to SFO by 30 minutes due to replacing 50 yr old tracks. Today it's uber. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Anyone have a favorite hotel in walking distance to Pier 27?

I actually like the Hyatt on the Embarcadero for its proximity to the BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] station and only about a mile to the pier.  It’s all flat and has sidewalks if you walk across the street to the FerryBuilding and further down along the waterfront on the Embarcadero to Pier 27.   (you would walk opposite the direction of the Bay Bridge .. towards the Golden Gate Bridge).  
BART is our local public transportation station and we sometimes even use it for when we go on a cruise when we don’t have a lot of luggage and the weather is decent.  Also, the BART train does go from SFO (a bit of a walk but good directions given and all under cover) into downtown San Francisco with one transfer in Daly City (I think.. it will be obvious).  Taking BART would really depend on how mobile you are with luggage.  Even so, you could alway get a taxi there but if you would be going that route, you may get want to stay in a hotel closer to Fisherman’s Wharf.  I like the Hyatt on the Embarcadero as it is a bit quieter down that way but still close to what the City has to offer along the Embarcadero with an even shorter walk to the BART station to get to the middle of the City.