Bus route transfers

EllieinNJ

I could not find any detailed bus route map.  We would like to do Crystal Caves and Tom Moore's jungle which you can get to from Hamilton on either bus routes 1,3, 10 or 11.  Then we would like to do the Admiralty House Park on bus route #4.  It looks like there may be a stop where you can transfer from #4 to #11 but there is no information which stop.  Does anyone know if this is possible and which stop or do you have to go back to the bus terminal in Hamilton to switch buses?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I could not find any detailed bus route map.  We would like to do Crystal Caves and Tom Moore's jungle which you can get to from Hamilton on either bus routes 1,3, 10 or 11.  Then we would like to do the Admiralty House Park on bus route #4.  It looks like there may be a stop where you can transfer from #4 to #11 but there is no information which stop.  Does anyone know if this is possible and which stop or do you have to go back to the bus terminal in Hamilton to switch buses?

The #4 runs different routes to get to Spanish Point not always the same road. Confused me figuring it out. If you want to try transferring from the #11 ask the bus driver when you get on. They will tell you and call it out if possible to transfer along the way. Even with a map you probably won't know the stop without assistance of the driver calling it out. If there is no transfer along the route  just go to the bus terminal and transfer. If you can transfer and are not using a transportation pass ask for a transfer ticket. You can also ask at the visitor information center and they will mark it on a map. There are VIC's at the Dockyard, Hamilton and St. George. When all is said and done even with the map you will need the driver to call out the stop. For all your stops when you get on the bus politely ask the driver to let you know when you get there. Unless you are going to the end of a route you won't be able to know the stops without the drivers help. Also bus stops have a pole. If the pole is pink the direction is toward Hamilton. Blue is away. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

Which  bus stop is easier to get to, Hamilton or St George. I hear St George you have to walk up a hill to get to it from the ferry.

14 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Which  bus stop is easier to get to, Hamilton or St George. I hear St George you have to walk up a hill to get to it from the ferry.

In both Hamilton and St. George you have to walk up a hill to get to the bus stop. The public ferry terminal in St. George is closer to the bus stop on York St., but the NCL ferry terminal in St. George is about the same distance to the York St. bus stop as the distance between the Hamilton Ferry Terminal and the Hamilton Bus Terminal...about 0.3 miles.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

In both Hamilton and St. George you have to walk up a hill to get to the bus stop. The public ferry terminal in St. George is closer to the bus stop on York St., but the NCL ferry terminal in St. George is about the same distance to the York St. bus stop as the distance between the Hamilton Ferry Terminal and the Hamilton Bus Terminal...about 0.3 miles.

Not on NCL so my best choice would be St George if timing works out for me. Thank you. We want to do Crystal Caves and take ferry over than bus to Crystal caves.

Laura