Princess Brisbane cruise VS Sydney cruise

Went to book a 14 day cruise on Crown Princess  2026 from brisbane round trip to N/Z. Out of interest I looked at a cruise from Sydney on the Discovery Princess similar date 14 days, same itinerary, same grade cabin on both ships and same deck. The difference in cost was unbelievable, I can get a return flight to Sydney and book a hotel for the night before and still be well in front cost wise. I was looking forward to the convenience of going from Brisbane, 50 min from my home but Sydney here we come.

• Like 5

Just now, JohnGc said:

Went to book a 14 day cruise on Crown Princess  2026 from brisbane round trip to N/Z. Out of interest I looked at a cruise from Sydney on the Discovery Princess similar date 14 days, same itinerary, same grade cabin on both ships and same deck. The difference in cost was unbelievable, I can get a return flight to Sydney and book a hotel for the night before and still be well in front cost wise. I was looking forward to the convenience of going from Brisbane, 50 min from my home but Sydney here we come.

We had the same booking from home town Melbourne vs Sydney.

13 day to qld $2299 for inside from

melbourne

13 day Sydney to nz $1800 on obstructed balcony right on from of ship

lifo deck.

we flew to Sydney! Destination wasn’t important, Frank just wanted to cruise for his birthday 😁

• Like 4

Just now, Cbtours said:

We had the same booking from home town Melbourne vs Sydney.

13 day to qld $2299 for inside from

melbourne

13 day Sydney to nz $1800 on obstructed balcony right on from of ship

lifo deck.

we flew to Sydney! Destination wasn’t important, Frank just wanted to cruise for his birthday 😁

Seriously it was $2,488 difference. I expected the Discovery Princess to be more expensive being a newer ship than the Crown Princess. Disappointing , I was so looking forward to having a new cruise terminal at Brisbane and did not expect there to be such a cost difference. Never mind cant beat Sydney to cruise from, the wife and I are so looking forward to it. In the meantime we have our Singapore to Brisbane coming up in November. 😊 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Seriously it was $2,488 difference. I expected the Discovery Princess to be more expensive being a newer ship than the Crown Princess. Disappointing , I was so looking forward to having a new cruise terminal at Brisbane and did not expect there to be such a cost difference. Never mind cant beat Sydney to cruise from, the wife and I are so looking forward to it. In the meantime we have our Singapore to Brisbane coming up in November. 😊 

I’m busy researching “something “ to finish a visit to family in Uk next June/july😁😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I’m busy researching “something “ to finish a visit to family in Uk next June/july😁😁

Love Researching  (except for insurance ) keeps me occupied in between cruising. Enjoy yours and I hope you find what you want.😀

9 hours ago, Cbtours said:

The Crown Princess sails from Dover on 30th July 2025 and will bring you all the way to Sydney. That would mean no jet lag. 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

The Crown Princess sails from Dover on 30th July 2025 and will bring you all the way to Sydney. That would mean no jet lag. 😁

I know 🥰 it’s very tempting but have to calculate the days re insurance! It’s ok for you young uns 😁😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I’ve been thinking on the London to New York only 21 days and fly home from NY 😁. But daily researching 🥰 

we were going to do Ireland and Scotland (as I’ve never been to either!!! I know I know it was so far away when I was morning in England!!!!). However our wonderful rellos suggested they take us on a road trip to them so we’ll happily be doing that then finish with the cruise somewhere else. Never been to most Europe apart from Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise in 2018

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I’ve been thinking on the London to New York only 21 days and fly home from NY 😁. But daily researching 🥰 

we were going to do Ireland and Scotland (as I’ve never been to either!!! I know I know it was so far away when I was morning in England!!!!). However our wonderful rellos suggested they take us on a road trip to them so we’ll happily be doing that then finish with the cruise somewhere else. Never been to most Europe apart from Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise in 2018

We were looking at New York to Sydney for 2025 but balked at the price. 
HAL has a very good price for Seattle to Asia. And some of the cruises from Europe to the US are very reasonable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnGc said:

That’s crazy!

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

That’s crazy!

I agree. I checked it about three times as I could not believe the difference between the two cruises. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We immediately booked the Crown’s March 2025 28-day cruise around Australia in April 2023. We were very surprised that sailing roundtrip from Brisbane it was 1/3 less than from Sydney. Although from Sydney there were more available cabins to book however booking so early we found our preferred cabin. Now we’ll get to enjoy exploring Brisbane for the first time after a previous pre-cruise Sydney visit.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

We were looking at New York to Sydney for 2025 but balked at the price. 
HAL has a very good price for Seattle to Asia. And some of the cruises from Europe to the US are very reasonable. 

so where have you decided on?

13 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I know 🥰 it’s very tempting but have to calculate the days re insurance! It’s ok for you young uns 😁😁😁😁

It includes 3 days ashore the US which adds a significant premium to the insurance for our whole 2 1/2 month trip.

• Like 2

Just now, arxcards said:

It includes 3 days ashore the US which adds a significant premium to the insurance for our whole 2 1/2 month trip.

I think I have teams of research for our trips. Looking like annual is cheaper than  two individual trips, but still checking out the PDS 🤪

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I think I have teams of research for our trips. Looking like annual is cheaper than  two individual trips, but still checking out the PDS 🤪

Unless I can find another provider with a more generous policy, the ones I have been looking at are 45 & 60 days max trip. We will be away from home for 75+

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

Just now, arxcards said:

Unless I can find another provider with a more generous policy, the ones I have been looking at are 45 & 60 days. We will be away from home for 75+

As I understand it, you have to but a second policy to cover the extra days over the allotted agreed time.

i will be using our westpac Cc complimentary which allows 3 months they said. They don’t cover over 80 so we are buying sep for Frank.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cbtours said:

i will be using our westpac Cc complimentary which allows 3 months they said. They don’t cover over 80 so we are buying sep for Frank.

It's a shame you can't front up in person and insist there is no way Frank can possibly be over 80 - present him in person as Exhibit A 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

It's a shame you can't front up in person and insist there is no way Frank can possibly be over 80 - present him in person as Exhibit A 😉 

What’s worse is he was 85 last birthday🤣🤣🤣 celebrated on board Majestic in March with lobster tails 😁image.thumb.jpeg.d10f1a90d37a0c3cda88c9c865feb224.jpeg

• Like 2

No way! I'm figuring he's in the witness protection programme and the only new identity they could give him was that of an old fella 🤔

He looks wonderful, must be all the loving TLC he gets 💕 😊

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Jean C said:

No way! I'm figuring he's in the witness protection programme and the only new identity they could give him was that of an old fella 🤔

He looks wonderful, must be all the loving TLC he gets 💕 😊

You sound like you watch as many shows with police action and courtrooms as me 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

You sound like you watch as many shows with police action and courtrooms as me 🤣🤣

I have a sweat shirt with the legend:

Coffee, Dogs & Crime Shows

If I could find one that included Cruises that would about sum it up! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I have a sweat shirt with the legend:

Coffee, Dogs & Crime Shows

If I could find one that included Cruises that would about sum it up! 😂

Love it 🤣

• Thanks 1

Golly, we're both up early this morning! I had a pre dawn light bulb moment for a set design for our next stage show. What's your excuse? 🤣