Bourbon Choices on board

I just looked at the choices for our in suite beverage choices and none of the bourbon choices are what my husband usually drinks.

Are there more choices at the bars or dining rooms?

Can we special order something not on their list?

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

What is his preferred brand?

He likes Bookers but I know that's not going to happen.

Yellowstone or sometimes Buffalo Trace..

3 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Contact Seabourn and request it 4 or more weeks in advance.  You might be happily surprised. Or not...

WOW. That's nice of Seabourn to fulfill a request for bourbon.on a Regent sailing. I didn't think they'd do that. 😀

4 hours ago, chamima said:

He likes Bookers but I know that's not going to happen.

Yellowstone or sometimes Buffalo Trace..

I would special request Bookers and see if he gets it. Otherwise speak with your cabin attendant/butler once you get on board. If they substitute something he doesn't like, it can be exchanged following the conversation on what is available.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

WOW. That's nice of Seabourn to fulfill a request for bourbon.on a Regent sailing. I didn't think they'd do that. 😀

I thought the same thing . 🤣

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I would special request Bookers and see if he gets it. Otherwise speak with your cabin attendant/butler once you get on board. If they substitute something he doesn't like, it can be exchanged following the conversation on what is available.

Will do.

Thanks!

They most likely have Bulliett, Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels (not Bourbon), Knob Creek, and yes, Buffalo Trace.  If I recall correctly they also have Crown Royale (Canadian).  You're dreaming if you think they would have Blanton's or Bookers, or other super premiums.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce61 said:

They most likely have Bulliett, Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels (not Bourbon), Knob Creek, and yes, Buffalo Trace.  If I recall correctly they also have Crown Royale (Canadian).  You're dreaming if you think they would have Blanton's or Bookers, or other super premiums.

That's what I expected (if you read my original post) but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Everything except the Buffalo Trace was on the original list of choices.

1 minute ago, chamima said:

That's what I expected (if you read my original post) but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Everything except the Buffalo Trace was on the original list of choices.

I, too, am a Bourbon drinker.  On our cruises I've had Maker's Mark in my cabin, but due to a supply shortage, Maker's Mark became unavailable (same with our local liquor store).  So I had Woodford in my cabin.  

I am not really a bourbon expert by any means, so I have been very happy with the selections offered at the bars.  But as others have said it never hurts to ask. 🥃😎

• Thanks 1

Just came off of Grandeur in April.  No Makers Mark on board.  And on the previous 2 Splendor cruises in 2023 also no Makers Mark.  It is my bourbon of choice but I 'made due' with the other bourbons on offer.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:32 AM, Bruce61 said:

You're dreaming if you think they would have Blanton's or Bookers, or other super premiums.

While you're correct here and I'm not disagreeing, I just don't understand why that's the case with Blantons and Regent.  I'd gladly pay a premium to have it on board;  I found it onboard on my last two Celebrity Retreat cruises last year and it only cost me (a whopping) $2 extra per finger. And if RCL can get it, why can't NCL? I'd gladly pay, say, $5/oz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

While you're correct here and I'm not disagreeing, I just don't understand why that's the case with Blantons and Regent.  I'd gladly pay a premium to have it on board;  I found it onboard on my last two Celebrity Retreat cruises last year and it only cost me (a whopping) $2 extra per finger. And if RCL can get it, why can't NCL? I'd gladly pay, say, $5/oz.

Would you consider just bringing along your own bottle or two in your luggage, if having that particular bourbon available was an "enjoyment priority" for you?  I always pack my own cigars and humidor along with me when cruising. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Would you consider just bringing along your own bottle or two in your luggage, if having that particular bourbon available was an "enjoyment priority" for you?  I always pack my own cigars and humidor along with me when cruising. 

I don't know Regent's rules but most cruiselines don't allow you to bring your own liquor on board.

(Just wine)

Because all but premium liquor/wine is included in the cruise price, I believe Regent is happy for you to bring your own liquor onboard as that means you are not consuming theirs.  If you are not taking money out of their pocket i don't think they have a problem with you bringing what you want onboard.  If you are not bringing something onboard that they supply at a charge, it shouldn't matter to them. 

8 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Because all but premium liquor/wine is included in the cruise price, I believe Regent is happy for you to bring your own liquor onboard as that means you are not consuming theirs.  If you are not taking money out of their pocket i don't think they have a problem with you bringing what you want onboard.  If you are not bringing something onboard that they supply at a charge, it shouldn't matter to them. 

And how does one find out what they "supply at a charge"?

Just now, chamima said:

And how does one find out what they "supply at a charge"?

They have a number of posts lately where people have posted copies of the liquor lists. You should be able to search for those posts. 

I was commenting on my perception of Regent's position.  I do not represent them and I am not stating their position, just what i believe is their perspective.   I have read many times of people taking alcohol onboard with no issues. Usually it is wine but also liquor.   

If someone wants to bring something onboard and are concerned that there may be a problem, i recommend they contact them to see if there is a prohibition to doing so. 

To me there just doesn't seem to be any upside for Regent to object to bringing your own liquor onboard. 

Posted (edited)

Regent has a list of prohibited items in their FAQ. Alcohol is not on the list. 

In years past it was possible to submit a request via your TA, or maybe the butler request form if you have a butler, for non standard liquors. I think they required a few weeks notice. If they could get it for you they would, possibly with a surcharge depending on the price. 

Edited by jeb_bud
Typo

Connoisseur Selection
If your personal choice is not listed above or if you wish to upgrade to a Connoisseur brand please contact special service. (Charges may apply)
  Comments :

20 minutes ago, Gpilon said:
Connoisseur Selection
If your personal choice is not listed above or if you wish to upgrade to a Connoisseur brand please contact special service. (Charges may apply)
  Comments :  

20 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Shows up in my Butler area for upcoming Grandeur cruise.

Thanks.

Already did that.

I really appreciate all of the replies.

This won't make or break the cruise. I just thought it would be nice if my husband could possibly get his preferred brand.

2 hours ago, chamima said:

I don't know Regent's rules but most cruiselines don't allow you to bring your own liquor on board.

(Just wine)

I guess you're new to Regent.  They are a luxury cruise line.  They have no problem whatsoever to guests bringing their own liquor on board.

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks.

Already did that.

I really appreciate all of the replies.

This won't make or break the cruise. I just thought it would be nice if my husband could possibly get his preferred brand.

I would think Regent will comply with whatever it is you like. May be a price involved but if an absolute favorite/must-have, you should be able to arrange for it.