4th Floor Location

Tutuma

Reserved a verandah suite on the 4th floor (Viking Venus) directly above the 3rd floor lifeboats.  Should I be worried about the noise or obstruction in our suite?

I assume you mean you have a DV cabin, as that's all that's on the 4th floor. But I don't know why the lifeboats would be a problem. They do put them out on occasion, but it was during the day to run drills with the crew. Unless you have ports where you need to tender.

Stayed in 4114 DV5 (far aft portside) on last TA.  Very quiet, not withstanding neighborly sounds -- always a variable. 

Got lots of steps walking to theatre forward, and everywhere else !

All DV's are the same, size, as are V's.

3 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

I assume you mean you have a DV cabin, as that's all that's on the 4th floor. But I don't know why the lifeboats would be a problem. They do put them out on occasion, but it was during the day to run drills with the crew. Unless you have ports where you need to tender.

23 hours ago, Tutuma said:

Reserved a verandah suite on the 4th floor (Viking Venus) directly above the 3rd floor lifeboats.  Should I be worried about the noise or obstruction in our suite?

Spent 3 months in a Deck 4 DV cabin above the lifeboats/tenders. In tender ports they start preparing the boats, which creates some noise, but we were awake and getting ready for breakfast.

You may also hear a small electric motor, which runs occasionally and is required to top up the boat launching accumulator system. I expect most pax don't even hear it and even less know what it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Spent 3 months in a Deck 4 DV cabin above the lifeboats/tenders. In tender ports they start preparing the boats, which creates some noise, but we were awake and getting ready for breakfast.

You may also hear a small electric motor, which runs occasionally and is required to top up the boat launching accumulator system. I expect most pax don't even hear it and even less know what it is.

Are you sure it's the launching accumulator system? Could have swore it was the generator for the plutonium charger that tops off the tender's flux capacitor. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Haqdeluxe said:

Are you sure it's the launching accumulator system? Could have swore it was the generator for the plutonium charger that tops off the tender's flux capacitor. 😁

It's actually a kreel that sits atop the feebee next to the kanuter valve.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

OP: Look at the pictures of the ship close.  I think you'll find the lifeboats (and tenders) are 'tucked' into the ship a little more than you might be thinking.  They have to come 'away' from the ship a lot to be lowered.  It's a little different that some other cruise ships.  There will be noise when lowered but that affects a lot of cabins in the area so avoiding that is not easy.

Edited by rmalbers
  • Like 1