‘Regular items’ on the Luminae menu

On 6/3/2024 at 12:04 PM, txtechmk said:

Regular entrees include: salmon, chicken breast, and filet.

No Filet, Its sirloin, I have been on Ascent and Beyond the past 2 months.

17 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

I was on the Ascent last month, and ate in Luminae, and got a filet twice.  It was excellent.

They do serve Filet on a night ot two, its the only nights I ate in Luminae. It was not offered on the every night menu, it was Sirloin, chicken, and salmon, for your protein options. 

It may not be offered, but if you ask nicely, you can get almost anything from any other restaurant.  My DIL got a seafood bisque that was on the Blu menu, but Luminae went and got it.  And another night my husband and DIL wanted the Wedge salad that was offered at Blu, and Luminae went and got it.  The filet was not on the menu on one of the nights, but I asked for it. My husband likes spicy pasta, and he asked for it twice, and it was not on the menu.  

On 6/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, txtechmk said:

It may not be offered, but if you ask nicely, you can get almost anything from any other restaurant.  My DIL got a seafood bisque that was on the Blu menu, but Luminae went and got it.  And another night my husband and DIL wanted the Wedge salad that was offered at Blu, and Luminae went and got it.  The filet was not on the menu on one of the nights, but I asked for it. My husband likes spicy pasta, and he asked for it twice, and it was not on the menu.  

Was it spicy seafood pasta?  That is my favorite.

On 6/3/2024 at 12:20 PM, mac_tlc said:

You left out my favorite…. French onion soup ! 

mac_tlc

The original poster had already mentioned french onion soup in their question.

15 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Was it spicy seafood pasta?  That is my favorite.

No, my husband is not big into seafood.  It was just a spicy sauce with noodles, but that's what he likes.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, txtechmk said:

they may get it for you, but it does take someone away from Luminae to run to the other end of the ship to get one plate. Means less service for everyone else. 

30 minutes ago, tfred said:

they may get it for you, but it does take someone away from Luminae to run to the other end of the ship to get one plate. Means less service for everyone else. 

Depends on the ship.  On the M and S class ships Blu is just one deck above Luminae and their kitchens are in close proximity.  We have had mixed success on M & S class ships ordering off the Blu menu.  On the one time we sailed on Edge we were told it was not possible for the reason you stated. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tfred said:

You must be talking about the Edge Class ships. M Class ships, Luminae and Blu were cut out of the MDR. S Class ships were build with Blu, but Luminae was cut out of the MDR.

Just got back from Alaska on Solstice. In Luminae we ordered off the main dining room menu several times.  One was for French Onion soup!  The waiters will do just about anything to keep you happy.  We loved the food.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cherlynn said:

Just got back from Alaska on Solstice. In Luminae we ordered off the main dining room menu several times.  One was for French Onion soup!  The waiters will do just about anything to keep you happy.  We loved the food.

My wife will order the French Onion Soup  5 nights out of 7.  I order the Caesar's Salad almost anytime a green salad is not on the menu. I am especially fond of the Spinach Salad they serve in Blu.