Can I share my WiFi pkg with cabin mates?

Typically, I only purchase the WiFi okg for myself. DH will just log on my phone if he wants to poke on internet

GD along on next cruise, is all about posting on TikTok and the ‘gram. Lobbying for a package she can use too.  

Can I just select one person plan but, two devices?  Only $30 more than base charge

A friend insists she just ‘signs out’ and her grand kids can log in on their phones, using the same pkg.  Then rinse & repeat 

??? Seems like too much effort 

3 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Typically, I only purchase the WiFi okg for myself. DH will just log on my phone if he wants to poke on internet

GD along on next cruise, is all about posting on TikTok and the ‘gram. Lobbying for a package she can use too.  

Can I just select one person plan but, two devices?  Only $30 more than base charge

A friend insists she just ‘signs out’ and her grand kids can log in on their phones, using the same pkg.  Then rinse & repeat 

??? Seems like too much effort 

Both options are workable, it just depends if you want to deal with the logging in and out

• Like 1

Yes. You can either purchase 1-4 people their own internet or you can purchase multiple devices for 1 person. 

When you purchase multiple devices for 1 person, it is cheaper. The number of devices is the number of simultaneous devices connected, not the total number of devices you might want to use.

Once you've connected with the maximum number of devices, to switch devices, you have 2 options:

1) just connect with a new device. This will kick off one of the other devices. Most likely the one with the oldest connection.

2) explicitly log off one device and then log in with the new device.

If you purchase a device for each person, then each person can switch devices all they want without affecting anyone else. But it costs more.

Sounds like you could get along with just 2 devices. one for you and your DH, and one for your GD. Or just one that I would guess your GD will monopolize, but that you and your DH could use when you need to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Sounds like you could get along with just 2 devices. one for you and your DH, and one for your GD. Or just one that I would guess your GD will monopolize, but that you and your DH could use when you need to.

Likely, the best option. Set it and forget it.

If she forgot to sign into pkg and started posting videos, wouldn’t go over well with her parents once that cell phone bill came due.

7 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Likely, the best option. Set it and forget it.

If she forgot to sign into pkg and started posting videos, wouldn’t go over well with her parents once that cell phone bill came due.

Make sure to put her phone in Airplane mode when on the ship. And depending on cell phone plan, may need to make sure it's in Airplane mode in foreign ports also.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We've never purchased a package, but when we use our free Diamond internet, we just connect one device and use the "share my internet" feature on our phones. Of course you obviously need to be near each other, so YMMV.

Make sure data roaming is disabled so you don't get any surprises.

Edited by TBone2K
  • Like 1

It is by device.  When it is just me and my wife I normally purchase a three device package as sometimes one of us (me normally) want to have two devices connected at the same time.  One time we traveled with some of my wife's relatives.  One cousins daughter needed to connectivity for school purposes, so we bought a four device package, with the understandings she would only use one connection at any one time.  Her dad just paid me back by buying drinks equal to the difference in price between the 3 and 4 device packages.  Worked out cheaper for him than buying a one device package for him.  It worked out great.

• Like 1