Fly Over Canada Canada Place12:45pm time slot for 4 pm departure

Looking at booking Fly Over Canada for 12:45pm on Jul 13th before boarding the Royal Princess which is scheduled to depart at 4pm. I know you are supposed to check-in 2 hours before departure so should be able to be in the terminal by 1:45pm luggage will be dropped off in the early morning.  I think I read that at Canada Place you do security and customs before Princess check-in.  Do I have to be at the Princess Check-in desk by 2pm or just in the terminal?  

The missus thinks luggage gets checked/stored at their guest services.  

IIRC, there's only a small mesh area under the seat that's really only suitable for a purse or jacket so you don't drop something loose mid-show.  Definitely not large enough for a carry-on sized luggage.

The staging area before the theatre where they group people into seat sets also doesn't have a lot room.  Plus, you may have to navigate some stairs to get to your seats.  We sat in the upper set of seats recently and had to go up a flight of stairs to get to the seats and something like two flights on the way out of the theatre. 

considering how close this is (on the same pier), could you just drop you main luggage with the porters, do the ride and then check in. (I have no idea how popular the ride is--if it doesn't usually sell out, it may be possible to play it by ear depending on when you get to port.)

+1 to what @Milhouse said - you can check big bags with them while you ride, but the underseat/floor items are things like flip-flops, hats, sunglasses, a clutch purse etc.; just like on a rollercoaster you should not have anything on you that may fall off while the ride is active!

It's a good ride, not quite as slickly-timed with the transitions and effects as Soarin' at Disney, but it is longer - the longest ride of its type in the world in fact. The original plan was a full 10mins 'air time' but apparently too many test riders threw up once they went past the 8min mark!

And also +1 to @john bowties suggestion - if you are doing this preboarding, always drop your bags first. In fact it doesn't matter what you do on embarkation day, always drop your bags first - just not your small bags with essential items like passports, tickets etc.!

Yes will try to drop off our bags just before 9:30am as we have a 3 hour walking tour at 9:30am. If they aren't ready for our bags then I will just catchup to the tour after they accept them.  Tour ends at 12:30 so was thinking 12:45 for fly over which should have us in line for check-in about 1:45pm.  It seems like it is check-in first then security then customs.  I just don't want to show up to late to the pier and be denied boarding due to cut off time.

I have nothing to offer on point, but I hope you enjoy the Fly Over show.  We did it the day before our cruise and then had to do it again the morning of.  We were staying at the Fairmont directly across the street from Canada Place, and the hotel bellmen got our luggage (except my wife's purse and my knapsack, which fit into the mesh bag under the seat) to the ship porters magically, with no involvement by me.  GREAT  SERVICE AND GREAT SHOW.  

We do Fly Over Las Vegas every month or two.  They have three different Fly Over shows in Vegas.

21 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

... They have three different Fly Over shows in Vegas.

We also get some extra shows, sometimes even a freebie 'off season' to entice locals with a two-for-one offer; there's usually two summer full-price shows which can be booked at a slight discount by doing the two-fer, a Canadian one (which does actually change up - currently it's a Rockies focused one) and another nation (Iceland right now).

Did you get a discount for returning next day? They used to offer a 'come back for $10 in the next two days' deal on the way out, but that might just be during quieter times of year when I ride!

38 minutes ago, martincath said:

Did you get a discount for returning next day? They used to offer a 'come back for $10 in the next two days' deal on the way out, but that might just be during quieter times of year when I ride!

In Vegas, I get a "local's" discount, have to show my Nevada driver's license.