Queen Anne Queens Grill menus please?

Interesting... I've not seen a Cunard menu with the date printed on it in years... these must be for the special naming cruise I suspect. Usually even the ship's name is missing and there is some cryptic code PG3-L at the bottom which using my Cunard Enigma setting means Princess Grill lunch third day. 

But one suspects the menus are the same throughout the fleet.

As for special orders, I was even favoured with a few in Princess Grill this last trip in QV and always Indian. And surely not picked from some standard Coriander fare, either. Special orders in the Grill are prepared a la minute.  Indeed, the maitre d' helped the Grill cook in the proper making of kedgeree at breakfast which was once on the QG breakfast menu and they have lost the art of preparing it. Not anymore, at least on QV! QV had quite a few Goans in the galley so the curry was properly intense, too. 

5 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Interesting... I've not seen a Cunard menu with the date printed on it in years... these must be for the special naming cruise I suspect. Usually even the ship's name is missing and there is some cryptic code PG3-L at the bottom which using my Cunard Enigma setting means Princess Grill lunch third day. 

But one suspects the menus are the same throughout the fleet.

As for special orders, I was even favoured with a few in Princess Grill this last trip in QV and always Indian. And surely not picked from some standard Coriander fare, either. Special orders in the Grill are prepared a la minute.  Indeed, the maitre d' helped the Grill cook in the proper making of kedgeree at breakfast which was once on the QG breakfast menu and they have lost the art of preparing it. Not anymore, at least on QV! QV had quite a few Goans in the galley so the curry was properly intense, too. 

I was not on the naming cruise, I was on the previous one. I’m sure they are pretty much standard throughout the fleet, however.

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I was not on the naming cruise, I was on the previous one. I’m sure they are pretty much standard throughout the fleet, however.

Our table neighbours had ordered a chicken curry a few nights ago.  They would have ordered at lunch the same day for dinner that evening.  It was cooked with aplomb tableside by one of our senior staff, who like many of his colleagues, is Indian.  It was fascinating to watch his diligence and patience.   Of course, the finished dish was then served with all the traditional accompaniments.  Our table neighbours proclaimed it “superb, exquisite”.

• Like 3

I wish Cunard would emulate the old Hapag-Lloyd M/S EUROPA (1966-81) which always featured a "from the seamen's mess" dish.  Many crew aboard QV have told me about the Indian and Filipino (which means 46 varieties of chicken!) food they have in their mess which I'd be happy  to sample.  Although like all crew, the first thing they do ashore on leave is to "escape" ship food!

Back in the day, P&O/BI had the most superb curries for lunch every single day and I am sure I am not the only one who would relish that.  

But special orders for Indian anything in QG... like water off a duck's back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

I have noticed that as well in the restaurants.  When we are in the Grills, the one-page daily menus that are delivered to us have the date in the bottom-right corner. 

Please can someone let me know if the Beef Wellington option still available on request? On the QV and QM2 we were asked after breakfast if we wanted any of the special order items off the menu.  We have a QA Queens Grill trip booked and we like to have the Wellington on one night as it is very nice and when they serve it at your table the experience is special.

15 minutes ago, richard_london said:

Please can someone let me know if the Beef Wellington option still available on request? On the QV and QM2 we were asked after breakfast if we wanted any of the special order items off the menu.  We have a QA Queens Grill trip booked and we like to have the Wellington on one night as it is very nice and when they serve it at your table the experience is special.

Like most dishes, it's always available on request and is on the a la carte occasionally too. I have seen it on the main menu in the past so yes, definitely available.

The senior staff on QA were brilliant at asking if any specials were required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

We were on QA 10th May cruise, along with another CC member and have a bit of QG experience so ask away.

Since the steakhouse has a fruits de mer dish with king crablegs it has to be on board. Can you ask for it in the QG? Either as an individual serving or to say top the halibut- oscar style?

We sail on the QE soon to Alaska. I'm going to try to stick to seafood in the evening.

8 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Since the steakhouse has a fruits de mer dish with king crablegs it has to be on board. Can you ask for it in the QG? Either as an individual serving or to say top the halibut- oscar style?

We sail on the QE soon to Alaska. I'm going to try to stick to seafood in the evening.

Will do no harm to ask. Lobster tail is one of my salad toppings and Lobster Thermidor is always available, on menu or a special, so why not king crab if aboard.

9 hours ago, richard_london said:

Yes, that was the other steak dish I couldn’t remember. A much more manageable ingle slice was also on the menu of the day one night.

• Thanks 1