Pirate's LIVE on Vista Again *June 9-15, 2024*

10 hours ago, fla33023 said:

She's not the diver so why would she need the facts?

Because she was concerned regarding the diver.  She asked whether it was safe, I pointed to how to obtain the info.

• Like 2

Last night was an early night for us, we called it about 9 and went back to the cabin to watch a movie. Oceans 8 is pretty good! 

We rocked and rolled on the way to Amber Cove. Made for great sleep!

• Like 8

Welcome to Amber Cove!

We slept in until 845 today, since we had no plans to get off the ship. We went to visit Setyo for go-go juice (aka coffee) and then went to Lido for breakfast. Huervos rancheros, no eggs, for the win! It was also towel animal invasion day. 

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

• Like 9

After we finished eating I told Chris I wanted to head to the upper decks to look around, and we got to watch Venezia dock. I don’t think we have ever stood and watched another ship dock next to us before. I admire the abilities of the captains of these vessels, and the precision it must take to dock a big ship in moving water! 

IMG_2883.jpeg

IMG_2884.jpeg

IMG_2888.jpeg

IMG_2894.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, luv2trvl said:

I just found this review, we are boarding the Vista in October. You are getting me so excited to sail. 

I hope you have an awesome cruise! So far most everything has been excellent!

• Like 1

Toilet problem was fixed very promptly! I meant to post that earlier, but was distracted by Cipriano (I can’t remember correct spelling right now!) and the Havana area and friends we were chatting to. 

• Like 6

Where did I leave off? I think it was pre-lunch, right after Venezia docked beside us. 

We literally spent all afternoon until now (4:30) in Havana. The secret is out about

my raspberry margaritas, on the rocks, with repasado (excuse my lack of spelling skills) tequila…I had a pool full of people ordering them from my friend C at the bar. Luckily he makes most of them with Patron and is saving my “other” tequila for requests! 

I had a Guy’s burger for lunch about 115…my one and only this cruise, and it was actually good! Not dry and flavorless like previous cruises…it actually had a buttery, slightly garlic, good flavor to it. Yum! 

Back to the pool for the afternoon, we sailed at about 3 after paging for 2 families.  Now it’s time to get ready for elegant night #2. 

IMG_2909.jpeg

IMG_2911.jpeg

• Like 11

We went to the Reflections MDR, deck 3 forward, for our first (and only) assigned dining this cruise. Carlos and Princess Diane were wonderful and so quick with service! The calamari were good, and spinach salad very good. Crawfish fettuccine was ok but didn’t have much crawfish (maybe 4 pieces?) and had been sitting a while…it wasn’t very warm. Still had good flavor tho. The cream brûlée…delicious! 
Now for a “something spicy and guava” from Mirela. 

IMG_2912.jpeg

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2914.jpeg

IMG_2915.jpeg

IMG_2916.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

• Like 9

Comedians onboard this leg: Jersey and Mark Hawkins. Currently in Punchliner waiting for the 7:30 Mark Hawkings 18+ show titled “You Want Whine?” Got here at 7, no line, and lots of seats (good ones too!) still left at 7:11. 

• Like 6

Current chair sitch for comedy at 7:17. Chairs behind us (along the wall) also readily available. Maybe since it’s elegant night the early comedy isn’t as popular? 

IMG_2918.jpeg

• Like 6

That crawfish fettuccine is hit or miss.  I've had it where it was my best meal of the cruise ( loaded with crawfish), and I've had it where it has had almost no meat at all and not very flavorful.  Because of this I started getting it as a starter instead of an entree.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

That crawfish fettuccine is hit or miss.  I've had it where it was my best meal of the cruise ( loaded with crawfish), and I've had it where it has had almost no meat at all and not very flavorful.  Because of this I started getting it as a starter instead of an entree.

I’ll remember that for the future. Next time, I’m getting the herb crusted salmon. That was delicious last time I cruised with mom! 

• Like 3

Mark’s 7:30 show was good. Im not sad we went, however, he wasn’t the best comedian we have ever seen. I may try and go to another show if I manage to stay awake and there’s nothing else going on I want to see/do. 

• Like 3

Went to visit Setyo for a late night (ok not really, but whatevs) espressotini to take to Red Frog for cheering Chris on in beer pong. He’s reliving his college days 😂

IMG_2919.jpeg

• Like 10

We called it a day about 1145 last night. It was a fun evening chatting with people we had met all cruise long. 

However, about 1:00 something hit me hard, and I do not think it’s alcohol. I have been sick all night and all morning from both ways. I sent Chris to get crackers to see if they will help, and more waters so I can stay hydrated, and also to Guest Services just in case others are feeling ill. Today isn’t going to be a fun day at sea unless this turns around. Ugh the trip home tomorrow too will be torture!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Sick from both ways sounds like noro or food poisoning.  If you can eat a little but still have diarrhea, try to eat some yoghurt.  Diarrhea washes out the bad bugs, but takes the good ones too.  Yoghurt puts the good ones back.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

We called it a day about 1145 last night. It was a fun evening chatting with people we had met all cruise long. 

However, about 1:00 something hit me hard, and I do not think it’s alcohol. I have been sick all night and all morning from both ways. I sent Chris to get crackers to see if they will help, and more waters so I can stay hydrated, and also to Guest Services just in case others are feeling ill. Today isn’t going to be a fun day at sea unless this turns around. Ugh the trip home tomorrow too will be torture!

Feel better! I got hit one night and it prevented me from getting off the ship at HMC. Thankfully,  by 10am I was able to drink bloody marys. I hope your recovery is as good as mine. 😎

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Sick from both ways sounds like noro or food poisoning.  If you can eat a little but still have diarrhea, try to eat some yoghurt.  Diarrhea washes out the bad bugs, but takes the good ones too.  Yoghurt puts the good ones back.  EM

Thanks for the advice! I didn’t think of yogurt, I’ll try and have Chris hunt some up. I did manage to keep a 1/4 of a 1/2 a dry bagel down a bit ago. 

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Feel better! I got hit one night and it prevented me from getting off the ship at HMC. Thankfully,  by 10am I was able to drink bloody marys. I hope your recovery is as good as mine. 😎

Thank you. I’m still feeling pretty ill, but maybe it’s slowing down. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

Hope it wasn't that crawfish fettucine! I hate getting sick on vacation. 🤒

Me freaking too. The only saving grace is are weather right now is liquid sunshine, so at least I don’t feel like I’m missing out on sun & fun. 

• Like 4