Guaranteed cabin

It can be assigned any time between when you book the cruise and the time you arrive at the pier. Generally, 2-4 weeks is a good average as @jsglow said.

The latest ingot assigned was at the port. At the port inside where the porters work out of the  ain guy has a list of everyone and their cabin number. I had to go to him once before I was allowed to check in and he has the final list. He gave me my cabin number and then I could take it back to check in and was allowed to check in. I did book the cruise late though. 

During covid they sometimes were blocking off corridors for covid. I had booked a 1A with the two port holders, which I like because it's a larger than usual cabin for the money. I got a slip of paper at the port and changed to a deluxe ov which was a  oce upgrade.

Another time I booked my favorite port hole larger cabin and went in and unpacked and noticed a paper addressed to someone else. I had already unpacked. That was hard to explain why I unpacked in a cabin not mine. With no  notice whatsoever I was changed toma tiny HC 4J. Much smaller, so small the beds had to be end to end and a wheel in shower that took up a lot of the cabin. At  night the black out curtains had to be closed for navigation. I think they should have notified me if they changed my cabin. This was before covid. I used to like my PVP but she continued to say carnival has the right to change your cabin without notifying you. She has 0 sympathy that I unpacked in the cabin I booked and then had to explain to get access to get my stuff repackaged. After that I rarely booked with her. Ii also now use a TA. I want someone on my side.

I've had some good and some bad gty. Good imgot pool deck, my favorite. Bad, below the kitchen, not the dining room the actual kitchen. Noisy. On the older ships the bunks came out of the wall and had wooden braces. Now they come out of the ceiling. Once solo ingot one of these quads with the wooden braces. Was hard to read in bed. 

Carnival seems to love to surprise me and give me just any cabin they happen to have. 

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The latest ingot assigned was at the port. At the port inside where the porters work out of the  ain guy has a list of everyone and their cabin number. I had to go to him once before I was allowed to check in and he has the final list. He gave me my cabin number and then I could take it back to check in and was allowed to check in. I did book the cruise late though. 

During covid they sometimes were blocking off corridors for covid. I had booked a 1A with the two port holders, which I like because it's a larger than usual cabin for the money. I got a slip of paper at the port and changed to a deluxe ov which was a  oce upgrade.

Another time I booked my favorite port hole larger cabin and went in and unpacked and noticed a paper addressed to someone else. I had already unpacked. That was hard to explain why I unpacked in a cabin not mine. With no  notice whatsoever I was changed toma tiny HC 4J. Much smaller, so small the beds had to be end to end and a wheel in shower that took up a lot of the cabin. At  night the black out curtains had to be closed for navigation. I think they should have notified me if they changed my cabin. This was before covid. I used to like my PVP but she continued to say carnival has the right to change your cabin without notifying you. She has 0 sympathy that I unpacked in the cabin I booked and then had to explain to get access to get my stuff repackaged. After that I rarely booked with her. Ii also now use a TA. I want someone on my side.

I've had some good and some bad gty. Good imgot pool deck, my favorite. Bad, below the kitchen, not the dining room the actual kitchen. Noisy. On the older ships the bunks came out of the wall and had wooden braces. Now they come out of the ceiling. Once solo ingot one of these quads with the wooden braces. Was hard to read in bed. 

Carnival seems to love to surprise me and give me just any cabin they happen to have. 

They can change your cabin at any time for any reason

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

They can change your cabin at any time for any reason

True but imo they also should let you know they changed the cabin you picked. It didnt occur to me to check the cabin number on my boarding pass. Some love those 4Js at the front where you supposedly can go out the side doors out onto the area in front of your cabin. Maybe because it was too windy but they kept those doors locked my entire cruise. And the sf was much smaller than what I'd booked.

If carnival changes my cabin send me a email. Leave me a phone message, or give me a slip when I board. The door was propped open so i walked in and unpacked. All im sayijg is sure they have the right to change anyones picked booked cabin, but i also think that i should have the right to be notified when I board. 

That's ok, we can disagree. That's why I quit using that pvp. She agreed with you, I have no rights to be notified the cabin I picked was changed. If it was a gty fine, but that was a cabin I paid to pick far in advance. I knew it was close to 220 sf and the cabin I got seemed like about 150 sf or smaller, couldn't even put beds side by side it was extra small. 

My pvp position was carnival might have seen previously I'd asked for a shower chair, I'd travelled with a hc sister. So they might have thought they did me a favor giving me a tiny hc cabin that half had a bathroom with a roll in shower for a wheelchair.

The fact my pvp had zero sympathy for me not being notified and only kept repeating same as you carnival has the right to change your room without notice. No sympathy. So I got rid of her. I want a agent who can at least see my side, which I see you dont either.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

True but imo they also should let you know they changed the cabin you picked. It didnt occur to me to check the cabin number on my boarding pass. Some love those 4Js at the front where you supposedly can go out the side doors out onto the area in front of your cabin. Maybe because it was too windy but they kept those doors locked my entire cruise. And the sf was much smaller than what I'd booked.

If carnival changes my cabin send me a email. Leave me a phone message, or give me a slip when I board. The door was propped open so i walked in and unpacked. All im sayijg is sure they have the right to change anyones picked booked cabin, but i also think that i should have the right to be notified when I board. 

That's ok, we can disagree. That's why I quit using that pvp. She agreed with you, I have no rights to be notified the cabin I picked was changed. If it was a gty fine, but that was a cabin I paid to pick far in advance. I knew it was close to 220 sf and the cabin I got seemed like about 150 sf or smaller, couldn't even put beds side by side it was extra small. 

My pvp position was carnival might have seen previously I'd asked for a shower chair, I'd travelled with a hc sister. So they might have thought they did me a favor giving me a tiny hc cabin that half had a bathroom with a roll in shower for a wheelchair.

The fact my pvp had zero sympathy for me not being notified and only kept repeating same as you carnival has the right to change your room without notice. No sympathy. So I got rid of her. I want a agent who can at least see my side, which I see you dont either.

At a minimum they owe you a notification that they changed your cabin, and a refund of the difference in fare at the time of booking. Yes they can change your cabin selection at any time for any reason but they shouldn't be able to do it with no notification or compensation for the difference if a downgrade.

As many of us learned during COVID though - Carnival's customer service when anything is out of the ordinary is extraordinarily frustrating.