Beyond Magic Carpet Sky Suite Questions

Just off CC on edge and booked beyond next June to Caribbean.   Thought we could never afford retreat but had a BOGO75 offer.   What can you say to first time retreat and sky suite passenger?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Just off CC on edge and booked beyond next June to Caribbean.   Thought we could never afford retreat but had a BOGO75 offer.   What can you say to first time retreat and sky suite passenger?

Congratulations 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

booked beyond next June to Caribbean. 

Check the creaking and popping thread to make sure you're not booked in a noisy one! Good luck! We were in SS 9168 and it was a snap, crackle, popping adventure.

We had a regular Sky Suite on Beyond last week, and really enjoyed the experience.  Lots of great staff on board!

We have some cabin noise, unfortunately (9203).  It wasn’t every night, though.

13 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Don't book a cabin on the top or lowest deck, as the Magic Carpet can be parked just above you or right below you.  It kind of obscures your view.

Rollie

We have one booked for the first time as well. It’s supposed to have two chairs , a table, and a lounger (or two). But it looks like loungers are removed now. We booked it for the space and those loungers. We may be cancelling or moving to another cabin type as a result. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rollie said:

Don't book a cabin on the top or lowest deck, as the Magic Carpet can be parked just above you or right below you.  It kind of obscures your view.

Rollie

We are deck 11 and found out when I got home it is a connecting room.  I could move to deck 12 but right under the OVC...no thank you.  Sticking with the connector...lesser of two evils.

11 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

We have one booked for the first time as well. It’s supposed to have two chairs , a table, and a lounger (or two). But it looks like loungers are removed now. We booked it for the space and those loungers. We may be cancelling or moving to another cabin type as a result. 

I looked through all floor plans up to the top suite on looks like they are gone.

I would like to have my birthday breakfast on the verandah, but looks like all we get is two chairs and a small table for drinks.  Things conducive to a nice breakfast.  Think our butler can arrange something out there i.e. on a nice table covered decent table?

On Evening Chic nights, where are the Retreat Guests seated in the theater for preferred seats?  On the Edge we noticed seating immediately stage left and right but did not notice, nor pay attention, if that was where they were seated.  They were nice swivel chairs but terrible view as you have a side view.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

On Evening Chic nights, where are the Retreat Guests seated in the theater for preferred seats?  On the Edge we noticed seating immediately stage left and right but did not notice, nor pay attention, if that was where they were seated.  They were nice swivel chairs but terrible view as you have a side view.

The Retreat area was roped off center stage, the top section, I believe three rows.  I can't remember if it was the top section of deck 4 or deck 5...likely a function of time spent in the martini bar.  

Regarding the connecting room...we had one as well...but you would never know because the door to the inside room that's "connected" to yours isn't actually inside the stateroom.  It's in a little hallway that leads to your room.  In other words, you'll walk through 2 doors to get to your room.  The first one will be open to the main corridor and the second one will be closed as it leads to your room.  I think they do it this way in case of friends or family booking the block of rooms.  In that case, they can keep the inside doors open and only use the first of the two outside doors.  Wish I had taken a picture!  Confused?  We never knew anyone was connected to us...never saw them either...I only knew they existed because I saw their luggage in the hall.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1