Norwegian Solo cabins

Solo cabins are no different than other cabins, although I suspect than NCL chose the less popular locations. And since some people are adverse to being in a connecting room, I would presume that there are some. But you'd have to look at the deck plans on the ship to find them - or call someone at NCL

For the Studio Cabins, some ships like Breakaway Class have some connecting ones. The Prima doesn't seem to. Just check the deck plans of the cruise ships you want to go on to see what's available. Then you have to do the type of booking where you pick your exact staterooms. 

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Solo cabins are no different than other cabins, although I suspect than NCL chose the less popular locations.

I was on the Joy last month.  My solo interior cabin was under the theater at the front of the ship.  Because I was only in my cabin to sleep (getting in around 2am on average) it didn’t bother me at all.  But yes, the solo cabins are where many people consider to be less desirable locations.

If you are asking about the Studio cabins, there are many that are connecting. I sailed once with my adult son and instead of sharing a cabin, we got connecting studios. It worked out great! We could leave the door open if we wanted to have a chat but we each had our own privacy, including two toilets and two showers. Would not hesitate to do this again with a friend. 

Also, as mentioned above, Prima and Viva do not have connecting studios.

Studio Cabins on the Breakaway Class ships are in a prime location mid ship in their own private area with a lounge.  The ones I have had had the ability to connect. 

Studios on The Joy were not originally built into the ship since She was built for the Asian market.  Once She was re-fitted for the American market, they were added (probably converted from a different cabin category (Inside maybe??). 

Now that Solo cabins have been added into Inside, Oceanview and Balcony categories, they are probably scattered throughout the ships, some locations more desirable than others.

7 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Studio Cabins on the Breakaway Class ships are in a prime location mid ship in their own private area with a lounge.  The ones I have had had the ability to connect. 

Studios on The Joy were not originally built into the ship since She was built for the Asian market.  Once She was re-fitted for the American market, they were added (probably converted from a different cabin category (Inside maybe??). 

Now that Solo cabins have been added into Inside, Oceanview and Balcony categories, they are probably scattered throughout the ships, some locations more desirable than others.

There are still no studios or studio lounge on the Joy. I am booked for next week and the only options for one are the solo inside, oceanview and balcony (unless you want to do a regular cabin for a higher price). My solo inside is not in a desireable location but I am not in my cabin much. I prefer the Waterfront or Observation Lounge when onboard. 

8 minutes ago, abellkathleen said:

Wow didn’t realize this assumed solo were only inside without balconies. Appreciate the info!

It is relatively new having balcony, inside (and sometimes window view) cabins at a slightly lower price for solos.  I was glad because I can get a solo balcony.  These include access to the solo lounge (if the ship has that).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abellkathleen said:

Wow didn’t realize this assumed solo were only inside without balconies. Appreciate the info!

There are solo balcony cabins available.

1 hour ago, abellkathleen said:

Some ships have solo studios, which are inside and smaller than a regular cabin - and there is a studio lounge. At the beginning of 2024 they introduced a solo category for inside, ov and balcony. A little cheaper than paying double occupancy, these are regular cabins. If the ship happens to have a solo lounge, you also have access. So it helps to be specific when talking about solo cabins.

Thank you so much. Happy to know I have the option for Solo balcony does exist - some ports are just pretty when arriving and I would hate to miss them without that balcony option. I’ll be curious to see what prices would be so have a bit of research on my part

7 hours ago, abellkathleen said:

Thank you so much. Happy to know I have the option for Solo balcony does exist - some ports are just pretty when arriving and I would hate to miss them without that balcony option. I’ll be curious to see what prices would be so have a bit of research on my part

I got a solo balcony for an upcoming 7 day Joy cruise to Bermuda.  I thought the fare was very reasonable (1800), especially in comparison to any other cruise line.  I am looking forward to have my balcony but I would do a studio if it was the only way to make a cruise affordable.  The studio lounge looks like a nice place to get some extra breathing room, as well as a million other areas on the ship.  FYI if you book a solo cabin that is not a studio you have access to the studio lounge, if there is one on your ship.  Not all ships have them (Joy does not for example).    

Posted (edited)

Solo balconies and solo ocean views are not inside the studio area, but do give you access. So you can still go in and meet with the group, get your latte from the machine, or attend the bar events. 

Our trip next year on the Getaway does have my friend and I in adjoining cabins in the studio area. If you are not traveling with someone, you probably want to avoid these cabins as there are noise considerations from the other cabin. However, a towel at the base of the adjoining door supposedly helps mute this.

Edited by SeekingKillerWhales!
Added Sentence
  • Like 1