What to expect? Weather on Rhine and Moselle in early November?

Any of our resident experts care to weigh in on what we can typically expect weather wise on the Rhine and Moselle in Early November?  Average temps, rainy/dry?  It has been a long time since I have been in that part of Germany during the fall and my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Thanks for any info!

I was on the Moselle in early October 2022. The weather was mostly cold and wet. I was on a cycling trip, and found I was wearing all of my layers every day. (A cycling top, a fleece, a light rain jacket, and I bought a thin hat to go under my helmet in Cochem.) It was cold early in the morning and warmed up a bit during the day. November would probably be colder, and the days would be even shorter.

Personally, I would never do a river cruise in early November. You are too early for Christmas markets, and standing around while a tour guide does their thing would be quite cold. That said, others do it and enjoy it.

Errrhmm: drizzly, cool, grey, boring. To be more precise. Sunlight is already reduced quite a bit. It can rain a lot, but generally is is just grey sky with the occasional rain. Anything from one hour to three days in a row for hours. I find it cool, temperatures range from zero Celsius at night to 16 Celsius during the day. Depending on grey sky, etc.

Some volunteers' places are closed (museums, etc.), beer gardens often close at the end of October. No Christmas markets before 15 November (with the rare outlier insisting on opening early).

notamermaid

Planning on the Rhine cruise the week before the Christmas Market cruises start - Nov. 26th.  The website said Rudesheim opens 11/21 and Koblenz 11-22.  Do you know how far these are from the dock?