TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

On 6/17/2024 at 10:36 AM, TxTeach79 said:

Nope. That was just the menu table mat. Food was part of the tour!

I am just discovering your outstanding LIVE posts.  My DH and I are sailing this itinerary in November, so I am absorbing and taking notes.  Was this excursion with NCL or another company?  Also, your photos are outstanding!  You are a man of many skill sets:  writing, photography, travel guide, foodie, and beverage aficionado!  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am just discovering your outstanding LIVE posts.  My DH and I are sailing this itinerary in November, so I am absorbing and taking notes.  Was this excursion with NCL or another company?  Also, your photos are outstanding!  You are a man of many skill sets:  writing, photography, travel guide, foodie, and beverage aficionado!  

Correction:  Our cruise is October 2025!  NCL excursions aren't posted yet.  We're sailing a 14-Day TA Spain and Portugal w X in November.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thanks so so much for the kind words! They mean a lot!! 

The food & walking tours we booked in Corfu & Dubrovnik and the boating/beaches tour we booked in Split were through Viator on our own, small groups. The hop & sip tour in Koper and rough Opa! tour in Santorini were through NCL. In Rijeka & Kotor, we explored on our own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Correction:  Our cruise is October 2025!  NCL excursions aren't posted yet.  We're sailing a 14-Day TA Spain and Portugal w X in November.

Woo! That X cruise sounds amazing. Finally crossing a TA off my cruise bucket list next summer. We did Spain and Portugal last summer on Carnival Pride (12 day) and it was incredible. If you're bored, that one was even longer... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Thanks so so much for the kind words! They mean a lot!! 

The food & walking tours we booked in Corfu & Dubrovnik and the boating/beaches tour we booked in Split were through Viator on our own, small groups. The hop & sip tour in Koper and rough Opa! tour in Santorini were through NCL. In Rijeka & Kotor, we explored on our own. 

Thanks.  Still reading.  Montinegro is your next port.  This is addicting.  I had to cut myself off to read later!  Lol

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Woo! That X cruise sounds amazing. Finally crossing a TA off my cruise bucket list next summer. We did Spain and Portugal last summer on Carnival Pride (12 day) and it was incredible. If you're bored, that one was even longer... 

YES! I spent five hours yesterday pouring over your Carnival Pride Span/Portugal sailing.  Great photos and info!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thanks.  Still reading.  Montinegro is your next port.  This is addicting.  I had to cut myself off to read later!  Lol

This makes me happy yet also jealous of my past self. I WISH Montenegro was my next port...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2024 at 2:05 PM, TxTeach79 said:

So we move an AirTag into our essentials carry on, B tries to argue to no avail, being told that “the overhead space on a full flight is for those with kids.” Ouch. 

Bumping.

Proof 😄😁

image.png.ae7a783eba1563f8578442e6a26a7292.png

image.png.cd7d9fbd5379c93c9504a31e969a73ab.png

Your great report deserves an award - and being such a good writer JMO you should now write an original screenplay on all of your adventures because I know all of us would enjoy the results!

Guarantee you'd win awards, maybe even an Oscar (Oscar Oscar Oscar...).

Here's giving a big Bravo (Bravo Bravo Bravo...) to both of you! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Major difference between flight attendants fooling around on an empty plane and allowing it on a scheduled flight.

Don't worry. Be happy! That's your alias. I'm sure they had fun. No one was injured. Everyone laughed and continued with their day. Better than a violent person onboard getting everyone all riled up til they're coughed and strapped in a seat for their own good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Don't worry. Be happy! That's your alias. I'm sure they had fun. No one was injured. Everyone laughed and continued with their day. Better than a violent person onboard getting everyone all riled up til they're coughed and strapped in a seat for their own good. 

I have no problem with flight attendants fooling around for the camera on an empty plane.

The problem was the previous picture with someone up there in the carryon area on a regular flight, unless of course it was a fake picture.

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I have no problem with flight attendants fooling around for the camera on an empty plane.

The problem was the previous picture with someone up there in the carryon area on a regular flight, unless of course it was a fake picture.

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

On 6/20/2024 at 10:28 AM, TxTeach79 said:

She was trying to get a count on the way down. Problem is, she didn’t count how many stayed back on the bus. So she was clueless, kept us standing in one sunny spot for a few minutes. My field trip brain was melting down…. ANYWAY, around this time a resident of one of the houses came to his gate and asked her - in English! - to please move the group. We are disturbing his family. She starts yelling back at him that he lives for tourism and he knows where he lives and she’ll move us when she can… he yelled back and called her stupid… then a guy in our group got antagonistic with him

and started offering him money to go away… this made it worse… he started yelling how stupid we were, came out of the gate, and yelled at the guide “I DON’T LIVE FOR YOU - STUPID” and darted into a store across the way. At that point we all

GTFO’ed

Even though I am reading this on July 1, I am so disappointed at the behavior of the guide, the no sitting in cable car, the crowds and the local being so verbally aggressive.   I am three months out rehabbing from a hip replacement.  Working my butt off with pt and three hours aerobic aqua classes to get strong for the hills and stairs of Santorini.  Please tell me there is an upside besides the beautiful scenery 🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Even though I am reading this on July 1, I am so disappointed at the behavior of the guide, the no sitting in cable car, the crowds and the local being so verbally aggressive.   I am three months out rehabbing from a hip replacement.  Working my butt off with pt and three hours aerobic aqua classes to get strong for the hills and stairs of Santorini.  Please tell me there is an upside besides the beautiful scenery 🤔

It's a unique and beautiful place that is a huge pain to get to and from via cruise ship. If I stop there again someday, I'd hope it was maybe more on the fringes of the peak summer season, I would skip Oja, and I'd wait to make sure we were the only ship in port before i decided to get off. Pearl and Epic in together on top of two small ships and existing crowds was too much and resulted in the 3 hour wait to get the cable car. 

That said, while we were up there trying to get the cable car before giving up, I saw some absolutely gorgeous bars and restaurants in Fira. If I ever get off in Santorini again, I'd just hang out in Fira at some of those places and come down well ahead of all aboard. 

• Like 3