Hawaii Beverage Package on POA v. FAS Premium Beverage Package on other NCL ships

Hi.  Apologies in advance if this has been answered previously in this forum. But I searched NCL’s site and this board and couldn’t find the info I’m looking for. I’m considering booking a cruise on Pride of America and I’m wondering if there is any difference in what beverages are covered under the Hawaii Beverage Package versus the Premium Beverage Package included in the FAS package when booking sailings on the other NCL ships. Does it have the same inclusions (beer, wine, cocktails & fountain soda up to $15/drink) and exclusions (bottled water, energy drinks & specialty coffees)? Thanks. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pablo Diablo said:

Hi.  Apologies in advance if this has been answered previously in this forum. But I searched NCL’s site and this board and couldn’t find the info I’m looking for. I’m considering booking a cruise on Pride of America and I’m wondering if there is any difference in what beverages are covered under the Hawaii Beverage Package versus the Premium Beverage Package included in the FAS package when booking sailings on the other NCL ships. Does it have the same inclusions (beer, wine, cocktails & fountain soda up to $15/drink) and exclusions (bottled water, energy drinks & specialty coffees)? Thanks. 

The Hawaii beverage package information can be found on ncl.com under the promotions terms and conditions. BTW, the standard Free at Sea beverage package on the other ships  does not have the word "Premium" in its description or title. The word "Premium" is only associated with the upgraded Premium Plus Beverage Package that you pay an additional charge for.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Hawaii Beverage Package

• Hawaii Beverage Package is applicable to Pride of America sailings only.
  • Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation.
  • Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.
  • Includes a variety of beverages up to $15 USD retail price.
  • Also includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (still and sparkling), non-alcoholic beer, and specialty coffee (specialty coffee inclusion shall be limited to dining rooms only).
  • Does not include: specialty coffee outside of the restaurants, room service, mini bar purchases, or vending machines.
  • Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.
Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

BTW, the standard Free at Sea beverage package on the other ships  does not have the word "Premium" in its description or title. The word "Premium" is only associated with the upgraded Premium Plus Beverage Package that you pay an additional charge for.

In their ongoing quest for complete customer confusion, NCL refer to their basic beverage package by a variety of different names. One commonly used name is “premium beverage package”.

• Thanks 1

Did you know that drinks purchased on board or within US waters, regardless of drinks package are applicable to state tax. (PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong) Not everyone is aware, as we weren’t before we sailed out of Miami the first time and had hammered the drinks package before we sailed. No big thing for a day but I guess it all mounts up if you are in a US port every day.

I’d still do the FAS though🍸🥃🍻🍷🥂😉

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, suech1970 said:

Did you know that drinks purchased on board or within US waters, regardless of drinks package are applicable to state tax. (PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong) Not everyone is aware, as we weren’t before we sailed out of Miami the first time and had hammered the drinks package before we sailed. No big thing for a day but I guess it all mounts up if you are in a US port every day.

I’d still do the FAS though🍸🥃🍻🍷🥂😉

This is true! We sailed on POA in February and can confirm that we were charged tax for our drinks.

• Thanks 1