Cruise Planner Purchases Disappear

Over the last couple of days (I.e., starting Sunday), I’ve purchased a couple of items in the Cruise Planner. My credit card statement shows the purchases as pending. However, in my Order History, the status stayed “blank” and never changed to “Booked”. I also never received a confirmation email about the purchase. Finally, the purchases disappeared from my Order History. (I assume the pending charges will eventually drop off my credit card.)

Has anyone else noticed this happening recently?

27 minutes ago, Chot50s said:

Over the last couple of days (I.e., starting Sunday), I’ve purchased a couple of items in the Cruise Planner. My credit card statement shows the purchases as pending. However, in my Order History, the status stayed “blank” and never changed to “Booked”. I also never received a confirmation email about the purchase. Finally, the purchases disappeared from my Order History. (I assume the pending charges will eventually drop off my credit card.)

I wouldn’t assume that the charges will go away, even though they probably will…check in a few days to be sure they didn’t actually hit your card.

When this happened to me, the purchase didn't actually go through and Royal wouldn't honor the discounted price for those items.  In the end, after escalating the issue, I got an onboard credit for the difference.  I did have to purchase the items again though.

2 hours ago, Chot50s said:

We always take a screenshot showing purchases completed.  A picture can still be worth a thousand words. 

• Like 1

This has also happened to me! I purchased the beverage package and internet Saturday 6/8. I used a separate card for each transaction. The funds have been taken for each, and the cards show both purchases as “pending” but when I look at my cruise planner order history they are not there. When I pull up the beverage package it shows it as available to reserve, not already reserved. I am hoping it just takes a few days to process the transaction 

I tried again this morning to purchase an item through the Cruise Planner website with the same result—no email confirmation, the item status never changed to “booked”, and the purchase had disappeared from my Order History by the evening.

After that last attempt, I ended up calling Royal Caribbean and made the purchase through their representative. This time, I immediately got an email confirmation and my purchase appears in my Order History.

The pending charges on my credit card for items that disappeared from the Order History have started to drop off.

I don’t know if the Cruise Planner issue is resolved but I’d recommend keeping an eye on any purchases you attempt to make through the website and make sure you get an email confirmation and that the order status shows “Booked” within a short period of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chot50s said:

I had this happen once back in 2022... It was the start of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale.  The IT dept. screwed everything up.  There were charges pending and purchases not going through... There were refunds that took forever it was a mess.  If you don't see it in your cruise planner purchase history assume it didn't go through and you won't be charged.  If you end up double charged you can have the charges reversed but it's a painfully slow process.  You'll need the resolutions dept when you do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I had this happen once back in 2022... It was the start of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale.  The IT dept. screwed everything up.  There were charges pending and purchases not going through... There were refunds that took forever it was a mess.  If you don't see it in your cruise planner purchase history assume it didn't go through and you won't be charged.  If you end up double charged you can have the charges reversed but it's a painfully slow process.  You'll need the resolutions dept when you do.

I agree. We had the same thing happen in that "sale". 😡

• Like 1